Back from Santee Cooper Lake

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by duc dowg, Aug 12, 2007.

1. duc dowg

duc dowg New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We got back to Anderson yesterday. That was a great trip. My cousin landed a 3.5 lb Flat head, My best friend landed a 28lb blue, and I got a 17 lb blue. We stayed at Blacks Nice people but getting out into the channel was tricky the first few times (with the water so low). It was too hot to fish in the day time so only night fishing for us. Even with the heat my boat messing up and only Three fish, we had a great time. We are already planning our next trip.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Bryan - next time you'll knock'em dead, and hopefully it will be a bunch cooler :big_smile:

3. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad you had a good trip, that is always good to hear. At least you didn't come home empty handed, I've had a few of those days. Thanks for the information. Let us know how the next trip goes.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glad to hear it, Bryan. Just goes to show that you don't necessarily have to catch a lot of fish to have a good trip. :big_smile:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad to hear you had a good time Bryan. Evertime you go it will get better.

6. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great trip Bryan. Glad someone can catch them. I've never been to santee but hope to go next spring. Congrats on a great trip.

7. duc dowg

duc dowg New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The channel between the lakes was where we fished. Night only! It was fun!

8. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    way to go Bryan, glad you had a good trip sorry to hear about your boat messing up.