Back from Sangchris

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by CantFish86, Jun 3, 2007.

1. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well wasnt a bad weekend for camping but fish was a different story. We went all night friday few hits nothing to get tho.. Then rest was lil ones nephews had great time so least that turned out ok. Oh cusin caught 1 flatty bout size of a cordless phone ><. Overall I say good trip =) hope to go again soon.

2. Polish Moose

Polish Moose New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would love to get a little flathead like that for a fish tank! At least the camping was good.

3. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good to hear you had a good time camping. Do you fish Sangchris often? I'm from Palmyra and thats not a very far trip for me if you do and ever want some company. Ive never fished it or for flatheads but Id like to sometime. PM me if you want some company, Id like to meet another member.

4. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I have talked to a game warden that saw two 70+ pound flatheads taken out of Sangchris this year.

5. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Is Sangchris user friendly for bank fishing, meaning a person don't have to lug equipment far? Might have to try it this next weekend, never fished there. Thanks.

6. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well where camping is your spot is water front but fishing kinda junk cause many people fish there but ya sangchris has decent spots close and ez to get to

Also bank fishing is all i do but im not to good at flat head fishing yet still learning i usally just go for what ever bites =)

7. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    theres lots of good spots around sangchris for bank fishing

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

I was out there Sat Nite on the Damn...I was fishing gills for Flatheads.. Sorry, nothing to report :embarassed: