Back from Osceola

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, May 17, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Well the wife and I got back from Osceola late this evening. Had a good trip. The Shad was easyer to find this time. Went and picked up our new 5th wheel friday then headed down. Only cought one small blues friday afternoon. Was to tired and come back in early and just enjoyed camp. Went out saturday morning and started catching blues pretty quick. Ended up with 7 from 2 lbs to 13 lbs. Cought all fish in 6 to 14 feet of water. The 13 was my pb on blues. I know that is nothing for some folks on here. But I am learning from the brothers on here. We only used small baits when i grew up. And cought a lot of fish but all small 1 to 7 lb range. I had shad from 2 to about 8 inches. The fish liked cut shad the best this weekend. We cought most on the mid section of the shad. Had to load up today and get back for a graduation party on sunday. We are headed back next friday for 3 to 4 days. Cant wait.I want to thank everyone on here that has answered my questions on bait and other questions on blues and other post that have great information on them. I hope to get one over 30 this summer on rod and reel. As I dont set lines as I would rather catch them on rod and reel.

Tom

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing. Keep us updated on future trips. Good luck

3. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    Tom, sounds like you had a great time. Like you, I havent been fishing for blues very long but I've learned a bunch from the guys on here. Last year the wife and I didnt do very well but this spring has been a great season for us. I also try to make a point to talk to other fishermen when we go to truman and we always get good tips on every trip. We've been driving from Springfield to the tailrace every Wednesday since early March and fish from early morning until late evening. There are 2 things I'll never forget being told - well 3 really. 1-ALWAYS USE FRESH SHAD 2-YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR TIME IN AND YOU'LL CATCH FISH and 3- YOU MUST WADE THRU THE LITTLE ONES TO GET TO A BIG ONE ! Is'nt this a great sport ? Paul

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I whole heartedly agree. Fresh shad, time, and sort through the little ones. Sooner or later he will take your bait. :wink:

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on having a safe trip and having your self a good time, glad to hear that you caught some fish, while you was on your trip glad to hear you all had your selfs a fun time, and good luck to you on the rest of your fishing trips.

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Headed back down on friday for 3 to four days. Hope the weather cooperates and hope the water level stays about the same. No matter what it will be a good time. If any of the boc members are in or around the Osceola rv park stop by and say hi. I would like to meet some of the members. I will be in spot 26 driving a blue 3/4 ton dodge and a salem 5th wheel camper.

Tom

7. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tom,

I'll be back there on vacation in three weeks. My Mom lives down there, so I will be staying with her. If you are going to be down between the 13 of Jun and 7th of July let me know and we will try and catch a few together. I grew up in that area but only make it bacvk for a couple weeks a year for the last thirty years. Fun place to fish and camp.