Back from my vacation to maryland, went crabbing

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by foothills, Jul 30, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well i went to maryland for a few days to see some friends and a few of us got together and went crabbing on the chesapeke bay...the first day we went to a place called thompson creek and caught about a bushel of blue crabs between 2 boats and most of the crabs were huge...the attached pic of the 2 crabs i'm holding is pretty much how the whole bushel looked...awesome crabs and real good eatin...we went out again on saturday to a different place called rocky point and caught 3 full bushels between 3 boats but the size of the crabs were not as big as what we caught on the first day...we had a big party/crab feed on saturday evening and i still brought home 6 bags of picked meat for crab cakes and soup...really enjoyed myself but now i'm ready to get back after them cats!!!!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    So you couldnt talk her into a guided James River trip on the way back home ha?

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Man does that bring back memories! I haven't been crabbing in years. I used to go with me dad back in the seventies down in Galveston Tx.

4. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey Craig i bet that was a blast going crabbin. i`ve always wanted to do that and also clamming.I bet you ate your fill of those crabs. making me hungry now haha. thanks for sharing the pic with us all.

Jeff

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well we had a conversation about it...it was short, sweet, and to the point...so i shut up and moved on to a more popular subject:roll_eyes:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good eatin but way to labor intensive for me. LOL! Thanx for sharein.

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I grew up fishing on the Chesapeke near Annapolis. I miss catching and eating crabs. We used to catch them at the dock and have crabs to eat almost every weekend. Now I get to eat them once a year when I go fish offshore in Ocean City. Im leaving Friday night and have plans for a crab feast Saturday night, and hopefully once more during the week Im there. Glad to hear that they that you guys caught some, and even better brought some home.

8. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    It was great to have you back on the Chesapeake this weekend.

9. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I'm going to have to go crabbing one, sounds like a great time

10. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks eddie...i had a great time crabbing and hanging out with you guys and enjoyed pullin traps and dipping the trot lines for sure...nothng like netting 6 or 8 big jimmies off the line on a single run.:big_smile:

11. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    billfish76...i know what you mean...i get to do it once every year and love every minute of it...it is a lot of "work" but the "work" is alot of fun and i don't mind it a bit...wish i had more time to go then just once a year...i guess you have crabbed the severn a few times if you lived in annapolis??...i've been on the severn and also crabbed white hall bay around the corner from the naval acadamey towards the bay bridge...had good luck in both places.

12. BassTrackerMac

BassTrackerMac New Member

State:
    Liberty, SC
    Beautiful crabs.....thanks for sharing!