Back from Iraq

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Jan 19, 2008.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Wanted to let you guys know that I made it back safe and sound. That is all I have better things to do then pretend to be someones friend, 0 emails 0 phone calls to my family and you call this a brotherhood? All I want to know is where was the love? I will not pretend to be someone's friend on-line any
    longer. Goes straight back to what I got in trouble for in the first place everyone supports the troops except when it counts and its in your face. Good luck to all the good people on here fair well to everyone else hope everything is what is you think it is for me the truth has set me free....

chuck

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good to hear you made it back safe.Sorry you feel that way. How can someone send you E-Mails if they don't know yor E-Mail address? Anyway
    WELCOME HOME!!.
    Are you home for good or will you have to go back?Hopefully home to stay.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Welcome back anyway!:big_smile:

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Welcome back,thanks for your service

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. I never got the opportunity to meet you on the BOC. I wish you luck back here in the good ole USA sir.
    I spent my time in the USAF and was based in Germany for my intire duty and was glad to be home after 4 years.

Welcome home

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome back home. Sorry you feel that way but we have no idea your e-mail addy or phone #. I Thank You for what you've done but this isn't the best way to post a I'm back home thread. More or less sounds like you're degrading the Brotherhood and all the members and calling out everyone......Its not all our faults!!!!! God Bless and Thank you for what you've done...............Relax, you're home now!!!
    Just my .02....................

7. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Chuck,
    I have never meet you on the BOC but I still would like to thank you for your service to our country. Glad you made it home and sorry you feel this way about the BOC. I don't know the rest of the situation so i won't comment on it any more than welcome home.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Chuck. I must have missed knowing you were going to Iraq but am glad to hear your home safe. Thank you! And welcome home.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chuck,

I'm glad to see you are back. Sorry that you got 0 emails and 0 phone calls. I didn't have your email address, nor your phone number. I did however know how to PM you and I was remiss in doing so and for that I am sorry. I know that I myself get caught up in the daily rat race way too much and forget to send PM's/Emails/phone calls to people who are doing things for me and my family. I'm sorry if you were offended and I hope you take my apology as one from the entire Brotherhood. Too many men have served this great nation only to come home and feel the same way you do. From the very bottom of my heart, I am sorry and I wish I could change it or make it up to you.

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    First off let me start by saying Welcome Home and Thank You for your service...

AFTER that All I can say Brother is WOW!!!

Not really sure how you can say what you have said to the entire BOC...I sir am a Veteran and understand if you have friends that are on the BOC that you wish to direct that to, That may not have done certain things they told you they would have...

However, I very much appriciate all of our Brothers and Sisiter and any of our troops that are over doing business in the sand and other parts around the world...Chuck unless I was personally close to you, I would not have called you on the Phone or email you unless you asked me to...There is a section on the board that I always post to and many others,we try to keep it on the top of the post regularly to thank each and every man and woman in the uniform that we don't email directly just to let them know we are thinking of them...

Just a little taken back by this Chuck, only because you have included the entire BOC...I hope you can get it resolved my friend...

We Love and stand behind our troops Brother and always will...
    Glad you are home and if you wanna talk more about this you can PM me any time... Let us not keep this post going Please... As our other men and women don't need to think we are not in supports of what they are doing...

OOORRRAAA!!!

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Chuck, I dont believe we have ever met on the BOC before, I have only been a member about a year. Regardless that if we never talk again, your service is appreciated, and I'm glad you made it home safely. I hope you dont have to go back. Good luck to you.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would also like to apologize and thank you for your service. I have a hard time posting these days. Sometimes all the post on BOC and my daily life gets a little much for me to tend to everything the way i would like too I guess I missed it, you going to Iraq. Was you unable to log on BOC while in Iraq.
    I am very glad you made it back ok. I do have family over there. He is busy most of the time and My wife does most of the emailing to my Nephew for the both of us and same when I email. plus we send word back and forth to family on keeping up with it all.

Again I'm sorry you think some of us may not care. I appreciate your service and glad your home.
    Always enjoyed your post. I sure hope you stick around.
    To be honest, I got no excuse.
    I'm glad you made this post because I do need to lay down the keyboard here so I can email some old friends who are there now. Plus a Mom who I haven't heard from for a while. She has a Son over there that we used to email but its been a few months now.
    I got caught up in the rat race.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome back,Chuck,and a big Thanks for serving our great country.I am sorry you have hard feelings here. We're not all perfect ya know ,so if you could find it in your big ole heart to sorta cut us a bit of slack I'm sure it will be appreciated.

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Chuck if I may, I never seen you make one post you was heading to Iraq and if you did I didn't see it and sorry for that but if I remember right last year you were very upset with the BOC and you made a post you would not be back for some kind of reason then you posted back you was upset at something at work and now you post this. I am sorry but 99.9% of these members on here support the troops in Iraq as I am one of them but when you make a post like this its uncalled for, I bet I can count on my one hand how many posts you made in the last 1 year on here, except for your post when you was sorry for getting upset over some kind of argument you had with your boss.

Glad to see you back Chuck, where did you serve in Iraq ? Hope to see you get over this issue.

D/H

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome back brother...rollo

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Chuck: I just found this thread: I am sorry but didn't know you left, but wow what a statement to make to all these guys that posted in your thread, did you ever go back to it:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27231

This is your statement in your post: it says by your own words that you got PM's ?????

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chuck, I can only echo Tony's comments. I also feel bad your return from Iraq finds you sitting an a lemon. You've been around a long time and have a lot to offer. But, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Good luck in your endeavors.:sad2:

18. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on a safe trip good to be home :cool2:

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I missed that thread but have often wondered how you were doing and praying you were safe. You have 1 of the world's hardest jobs and I Thank You and Respect you for that!
    Its just not good to call out the whole Brotherhood on this matter. IMHO, its just not right.....Lots of innocent people that didn't see the thread and tons of new members that had no idea.......................:confused2:

20. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thank you for finding that thread DH. Don't be too hard on Chuck. I can't imagine what he has gone through since he got his orders. Hopefully, he just needs some time to reflect and will come back and accept our apologies.