Back from fishing trip in Canada

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mr.T, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Just back from a 7-day fishing trip with my wife and kids in northwestern Ontario. Had a great time, caught lots of fish, etc. etc. - but now I'm ready to get back to catfishing, haven't had my boat in the water since the first week of June. Maybe later this week.

Photos if anyone would like to take a look: http://www.pbase.com/martyt/canada2009

Big fish of the trip was a 32" northern pike my 12-year-old son caught. We also had a 22" walleye and a chunky little smallmouth that went just over 4 lbs. - got a freezer full of walleye and perch fillets so guess we'll be eating good for a while...

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Was wondering what happened to you, last time I saw the General Lee on the water was that day you took those kids out fishing. You're not missing much, been a really odd summer. I'd love to get up to Canada and see about doing some bowhunting, some nice bucks up there. Looks like you guys had a blast! Whats up with that picture at the dinner table, looks like everyone is either really grouchy or tired, guess the cheddar and sour cream chips didn't hit the spot? :wink: Chris

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009

3. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Nice, thanks for sharing about your trip and pics. I bet that was a blast being up there:big_smile:

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great pix and beautiful country. Looks like everyone had a good time. Thanx for sharing. Stay safe and welcome back to the real world:wink:

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Neat Photo album T. You could have told us you were going, ccso640 and I would have blown the cobs out of the General Lee and got some fish slime on it while you were gone. LOL
    Welcome home and congrats on a cool trip up North!!
    Rob:wink:

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Glad you're back stateside! How were the fries with gravy and cheese curds?:big_smile:

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: nice family trip ya had marty thats special man !!!!:big_smile::wink:

congrats on the nice fish also wooo hooo looked wonderfull and fun as heck !!!!

glad ya made the long trip safe and sound ... welcome back .

8. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    sounded like a blast, nothing better than getting away from all the mess around here and relaxing and doing some fishing:wink: welcome back

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to see you had a great trip with the family Marty. Always good memories. Thanks for sharing the pictures. That sunset would have been worth the trip for me.

Tom

10. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mr T. Thanks for posting the pictures of what looks like a GREAT trip!

They brought back a lot of memories for me as I was born and raised in Duluth. I can't tell you the number of hours I spent down there on the pier by the lift bridge waiting for my Dad to come home--he was a Great Lakes sea captain.

We spent a TON of time fishing for smallies and walleye out of red lund boats just like the one in your photos. And the shore lunches...ohhh the memories. THANKS for sharing!:big_smile:

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Welcom back Marty. Looks like you guys had a great trip. Those were some pretty neat pictures. I really liked the one of the sunset at the end, that could be a post card.

12. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Thanks for sharing your trip here with us Marty… Looks like you all had an awesome time and most of all was able to experience it as a family.

13. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    looked like a great trip and great memories:wink: