Back for awhile

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by Lynne, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    I haven't had a chance to get in here for awhile. My wife fell at work and broke her arm so I've been keeping pretty busy taking care of her, doing the house work, cooking and getting out into my shop for a short time now and then. She has a triple frature of the ball that is in the shoulder. It has been a real painful injury and she has kept me busy. I am going to have to spend some time here catching up.

I've started making picture frames for myself. They are fairly fast to make and can work on them a little each day.

I am hoping in a couple of weeks Clara will be feeling good enough that I can go fishing. Getting pretty bored sitting at home all the time.

I read a few posts tonight and enjoyed seeing the work that all of you have done.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lynne, hope your wife recovers soon. I'm ready to get back to doing a lil wood work myself. Replaced decks in my bassboat, tryin to get a garden ready and workin everyday. Have to get a swing built before Mid-May so i understand the part of being busy. Good to cya back and again, hope wife heals fast.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lynne its good to see you back and posting. Wishing your wife a quick recovery.

4. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    There has been a lot of good work done here since I was in last. The carvings were real nice. I can't carve anything but I wish I could. I've seen a lot of nice carvings and I envy those who can carve.

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Lynne hope your wife gets to feeling better soon. she is in my thoughts and prayers.

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Lynne, been there, done that, Ms. broke the same arm a few years back, almost 2 years to the day apart. Hang in there, during those recovery times I did learn how laundry and cooking was going to be done. It's payback time now, she's doing mowing and such while I'm down for 3 or so months.

7. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    Archer, what happened to put you down. Hope it isn't serious and you get well quick.

But just don't ler the wife know your well to soon.LOL

Thank all that has answered and cared.

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Hey buddy, it is good to see you back. We are really sorry to learn about Clara's injury, the shoulder ball is one painful injury. We hope she is back up and doing great soon. I am on a woodcarver's site and there is a fellow there that carves cowboys and every time I read one of his posts I think of you, his name is Lynne also. I am doing a little carving now days but not very good. I have done a few spirit faces on walking and hiking sticks but want to get into different carvings soon. I do have carving a 10 inch tall cowboy on my list of things to carve but they sure do take some time.

9. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106711

Here's the thread that kinda explains what happened, going on 9 days out now, making a little progress, but surgeon says it's gonna be slow. Got my son & son-in-law due down here tomorrow to do some stuff while I can direct them.

10. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    Lonnie,
    Hang in there my firend. I've had a neck fusion and three back surgeries myself so I have an idea of what you are going thru. Not fun Just take it easy and do what the doctor says so you can get back out there and start doing some fishing again.

Here is wishing you a fast and good recovery.

Take care

11. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    Jim,

You'll have to post some of your carving. All I can carve is wood shavings and there isn't much call for them.

I seen this guy do some carving and man did I envy him. He carved birs and fish. When I first saw them I thought they real mounted things. I guess I just don't have the patiants for carving.