Bachler Party

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by bigjmm, Jul 7, 2009.

1. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    Heading to the Loup Canal for my party gonna try to catch some big ones any tips on where to try. on the canal i was to outside monroe at the powerstation thing any suggestions

2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    congrats 1st of all and for fishing the canal take some no roll sinkers or just a LOT of sinkers

for bait I've been using chubbs, sunfish (cut and live) and bullheads (cut and live)

don't forget the beer :smile2:

3. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    dont worry the beer will be there but where are the sweet spots do you know any good ones

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I usually fish between headworks park and the first siphon. and unless I was there with you I couldn't show you my good spots(just to hard to describe)

but anywhere on the canal will produce catfish if you wait long enuff.

where are you driving from?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerome Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats and welcome to the BOC.

7. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I went to the headworks with some friends one time. We weren't catching anything so I took some concrete string, hooks, and bait and went down below and fished the river instead. Needless to say I kicked everybody's butt. I ended up catching enough to throw a fish fry for 25 people. I kid not that was probably the best set line trip I had until I went down the blue last year.

8. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    I am from Norfolk and this may be a stupid question but is a set line illegal? i still new to the big time catfishing world

9. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    on moving water.. creeks streams rivers etc.. but not ponds lakes or res. state county or fed owned or even private.. only on moving water thats the law here in NEB.

10. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    well im back from my party and we caught a couple of nice channels and i hooked into a cat that bent my swivel straight and i wasnt using very small swivels. but all in all had a great time.

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC. Glad you had a nice fun trip an congrats on the catch. Maybe you'll return sometime an get the one that straightened your swivel.