Bachelor Party on the Bid Muddy

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CatFishMick, May 4, 2008.

1. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My buddy (CaptMarty) and I headed out to Society Hill landing Friday evening. We stopped at a gas station right up the road from our destination and to our surprise we ran into Bill in SC and Peglegreb. We didn't expect to see them until later that evening. These are two awesome gentleman. If you ever get a chance to meet them I highly recommend it. The four of us went out on the water that evening and did a little fishing but didn't have any luck. We all got back and had great time around a camp fire. It was great getting to know Bill and Peglegreb. We all entered a tournament the next morning. Fish weren't biting a whole great deal for anyone Saturday. The winners who took first and second (Father and daughter) drove 30 miles upriver to the state line and brought back a 40 and 35lber. I've got some sunburn scars to take home with me in memory but all in all it was a great time, great bachelor, fishing, camping party and we look forward to going back out this weekend.

Mick

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yessir, it was my pleasure meeting you and Marty. Wish the fishin' had been better. My one 10 pound blue just couldn't cut the mustard. There must have been at least 40 boats entered, and I don't think I saw over two dozen fish. I thought we may have been duped when I saw those huge, wide, monster, JET BLACK blue cats. I've never personally seen a black blue cat come from the Great Pee Dee, but catmaster James Matherly has informed me that these are MALE blue cats, and that they will indeed turn jet black during spawning. Sure put my mind to ease as I thought surely we had been cheated. I had predicted that the winning cat would come from upriver as we observed literally what seemed to be hundreds of set hooks tended and monitored by three or four boats all night long. Anyhow, we did have a great time.
    Bill in SC

3. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Most of the blues i've caught out the PeeDee are dark blue/black,sometimes they have red eyes.Did the team who won have a jet drive on a G3?!PM me if so!I have seen some nice blues coming out from up river towards McFarlin,N.C.-the flatheads should heat up when the water reaches around 70*(at least up this end).

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Most of, in fact all the blues I have caught through the years have been pretty much blue, some lighter, some darker. I have personally not ever seen those jet black males. ALL the blues I have caught this year have been females full of eggs, judging by their bellies. I heard through my channel of grapevines that we were indeed duped as the guy who won it did set hooks to catch them, as he did last year. I won't call names, cast any stones, or say we were definitely cheated, but something sure smells "fishy" about the whole deal. The SH tournament won't get any more of my money.
    BB in SC

5. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    YEA-THOSE WERE SOME NICE FISH BUT I AM STILL NOT SURE! IT WAS AWSOME TO MEET BILL AND PEGLEGREB! WE HAD AND AWSOME TIME AND READY TO DO IT AGAIN! THOSE ARE TWO NICE GUYS ANYBODY WOULD LIKE TO HANG OUT WITH! ENJOYED THE FISHING BILL AND PEGLEGREB!