Baby soft shell turtles

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Desode, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was wondering what all fish do you think eat baby soft shelled turtles?
    One of the places I fish has them hatching by the hundreds and making a run for the water. The shoreline was a bussle of activity with a real feeding frenzy going on. I was wondering do any of you guys know if flatheads eat these little guys too or what other fish find them tasty ? It was a real treat watching them all sprinting to the water. Shame it was to dark for my camera to get any video of it. I was also wondering, can you use them as legal bait or not ?
    That is if the cats are eating them.

Thanks for your time,consideration and any info, Matt AKA DESODE

Attached Files:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Topato chips!! LOL

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    hook one on and find out,they eat all kinds of live things,they might not be an exception either.

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    2yrs ago we cut open a 15lb flathead and he had a small 2lb turttle in its belly

5. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    After catching dozens lately on the GMR I asked my buddy..."Do you think cats eat bay softshells?" It remains unanswered to some degree. We have been attaching water ballons blown up, 2 or 3 at a time and letting some go. LOL. It's like Jaws. The go down sometimes and eventually pop back up as they drift downstream we say.."Hey write us sometime!"

6. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah i was going to today but had to go out on the road and work,but next time I run across this happening I'm going to give it a try.
    Matt, AKA DESODE