baby pig

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by shooter, Dec 13, 2007.

1. shooter

shooter New Member

State:
    ks
    I and a couple friends were out west of Forbes air field near topeka ks. /there was maybe 2inches of snow and ice on ground and we came up on a little pig all by his self in a cut bean field, he couldn,t have been more than 4 weeks old and no bigger than a rabbit, anyway my friend decided to try and catch him, no way , that little pig humiliated my friend, he looked like no other hog I have seen out around clinton lake area/ he had wire looking hair on his back almost looked like a pot belly pig baby, he was all black/ we talked to a farmer and he said he thought someone turned loose some wild pigs and they crossed with the feral hogs/I hope to take some pictures in future and post along with a pure white doe I,ve been watching north of lawrence on the KU study area//// thanks ,Ned Colt

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ned Welcome to the BOC. I would love to see some pics of both the pig and the white deer. I find that neat.

3. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I look forward to seeing them.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ..........Pics Please..........

5. shooter

shooter New Member

State:
    ks
    A friend of mine took thus picture north of lawrence ks. last fall and what I thought was a doe is actually a buck,we saw him this winter and he had a rack/ we hope to get a pic soon, he is in a place that sees no humans and he wasnt scared/also saw ahuge buck who was stripping a 10 inch round tree down to a nub in same area and I think it might be his father due to a white spot or two behind his ear.

Attached Files:

6. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    Some one told me is a captive pig gets loose it would almost be completly wild in two weeks. starting to grow tusk and everything bit i dont know how much truth there is to it

7. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Thats a really neat looking deer. Thanks for sharing.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Ned, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there. Thanks for posting the pic, thats a neat looking deer to say the least.

9. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    That's what I heard. I saw that on Discovery channel.

10. Little Bill

Little Bill New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Next Time you see that little pig you better kill It or you won't be seeing many deer in the near future. Trust me this happened to us about 2 years after seeing a little piggy like you described. It takes 3 generation for hogs to become completely wild. We were seeing deer all the time then the pigs moved in tore all the woods up looked like a garden tiller went through the woods. They tore up all the food plots and we quit seeing deer all together. you can shoot a few pigs and they go nocturnal. A deer has nothing on a pig. Pigs are some of the most intelligent animals on the planet.A pig has two things on his mind eating and makin more bacon. They can have at least 3 litters a year. I will tell you this they are some fine eating compared to a deer there is no comparison in my opinion. Start shooting and trapping them now if you still like deer hunting. The best time to really hunt them effectively is during the early spring. i killed 14 in one month 2 with my rifle and 12 with the bow. They are definately alot more fun than deer and most places you can shoot as many as you want year round.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC, nice pics

12. shooter

shooter New Member

State:
    ks
    You are right about deer and hogs/I have noticed the decline around clinton lake wildlife areas //I think maybe strong scent on trails and everything else/// also kansas closed hog hunting in entire state and it is not working// I saw 2 huge sows that were heavy with baby pigs just last weekend on private land/go figure//will keep you updated/ also will try to get a picture of that white buck /I saw him a month ago with a small set of horns/its the same one in picture I posted(I thought it was a doe) thanks Ned

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Dont know what to tell ya about the pig but that's a pretty cool looking deer. Ofcourse it wont be able to hide very well come hunting season!

14. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That's about right, usually about two to three weeks. Kinda like a woman two to three weeks after a divorce! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats something lets see more picts.

16. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    We have a strain of deer in Southern Illinois that are dark brown with a main like a horse. The secratary where I work mounted one her husband shot, she showed me pictures of it today.

17. shooter

shooter New Member

State:
    ks
    hey don/ how about a pic of those deer