Baby lizards

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by recordbreakin1, Jul 30, 2008.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I have some very big lizards runnnig around my yard they kinda look like a horn toad.Any ways I was doing some work in my garden a couple of weeks ago and I found some frash dug dirt.At first I thought it was my wifes little french bull dog that did it.I dug down a little and found 17 little eggs I busted one open to see if it was a snake egg or some thing.There was nothing but yoke in it.I took an old cast net box filled it with a little dirt and covered the eggs.After drilling some hole in it I put it in the shed and for about 3 weeks nothing.I went out this afternoon and there was 16 little baby lizards.IT was a pretty cool site I never thought they all would hatch but every one of them made it.Now their running around the back yard, and I cant wait to see how big they get.

2. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    Thats cool. I used to see the horn toad lizards all the time. I haven't seen one in around 35 years.

3. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I have alot of them in my yard!! The first time that I saw one I thought that it was a baby mutant aligator!!! That was till I saw the adults!! :crazy::eek:oooh::crazy: GODZILLA ON ALL FOURS!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: They really freak out my wife and mother in law!!!

4. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    C'mon Jesse, post some pics

Rubes

5. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Great story, any lesser person would have probably just smashed them not wanting anymore of what ever they would be in their gardens. I'm visiting my in laws in Luling and they have quite a bunch of them running around the yard and keep my wife's toy poddle busy so I'm happy.:wink:

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    The way I see it is that they have been therre longer then I have.So I will leave them along and let them live.

7. kayakcattin

kayakcattin New Member

State:
    texas
    thats pretty cool they all made it :big_smile:

8. cbaker7

cbaker7 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
  9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That's pretty cool Jesse....now they're all gonna grow up and come after you for killing their sister:crazy::smile2:!

10. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    They are probably Spiny Fence Lizards! They are all over the place here around Waco and they even go down toward Kerrville where my Uncle Lives! They are VERY COOL , and they eat A LOT OF BUGS!! SO try to keep an eye out when mowing and weed-eating, as they like to get in the taller grass and flower beds around bushes!

VERY COOL OF YOU TO HATCH AND RELEASE THEM!!!:wink:

Here is a link of what we have around here!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_lizard

If it is not them PLEASE POST SOME PICS!! EVEN if it is them I would like to see pics anyway!! My family are lizard, turtle, and snake people, and we love to see local pics!

Thanks,
    Andy!!:wink:

11. Fat Fred's Bro

Fat Fred's Bro New Member

State:
    Texas
    Not enough good people in thr world.Glad to see there are some left.