Baby Ethan

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by mandisue13, May 28, 2007.

1. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I am so sorry to not have updated lately....been really busy.

Ethan is tentatively scheduled for a marrow asperate this friday.....this will indicate if he is still producing luekemia cells. we want 0% or at least under 5% so they can do the stem cell transplant.

Ben did do the stem cell harvest and it made him very sick. When doing this your spleen enlarges...if you are even knocked in that area to hard you could bleed to death....Ben survived and is doing great.

Ethan is on a pain pump on and off....the harsh chemo has left sores in his mouth and throat and he is upset to his stomach a lot....but he keeps smiling. I have talked to one of Ethans nurses, she states she sees thousands of these kids and you can always tell they are sick.....EXCEPT FOR ETHAN. She said you would never even know he was sick....until you saw the central line......he is a fighter.

Here is a new prayer request. Ben is in desperate need of special equipment for his laptop. That is his only way of updating and staying in touch with his family. I cant remember what that thing is called, but we need to pray that somehow he can achieve this. this family has NEVER asked for ANYTHING other than prayers. they are very modest....so i am asking for everyone to pray on this issue.

Ben is also asking for prayers for another family at St Jude. It is an Amish family and if I remember correct, their son Jayden had an organ transplant (cant remember what) and is not doing to great, he has been in ICU in Isolation for the past 2 weeks. The Powells have become good friends with this couple and their child and ask everyone pray for them as well.

this is going to be a busy week. Now that the marrow campaign is over, I can update better. Please visit www.ethanpowell.com and read his story....Ethan has made me realize that Prayer DOES work.....he is living testimony. You can emal a prayer to prayersforethan@yahoo.com. The email may not be answered, what they are doing is saving and printing every email to scrap book for Ethan to show him that he is one loved child and that thousands of people around the WORLD have prayed for him. Thanks again yall!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for Baby Ethan.

3. countrygirl

countrygirl New Member

State:
    Ohio
    prays are sent to baby ethan and to you and your family.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent for baby Ethan from Illinois.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I will add both Ethan and the Amish family to my list of prayers. May all involved find peace in the Lords hands.

6. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Prayers sent for Ethan from Oklahoma.

7. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Prayers are sent from Arkansas.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ethan is on my computer screen it's a wall paper that is! He has such a powerful story and is living proof that Our God moves mountains. I check on him at least twice a day if not more.I will be praying about his bone marrow procedure on Friday. When I read about his problems it makes me realize that compared to him and his family I have no problems. I admire Ben and Becky's(Ethan's Parents) faith. They have admited that they have shed tears,lots of them but they also admit that they hit their knees in prayer and have unabashedly asked all of us to do the same. I am praying fervently the little guy will be cured because with God all things are possible!:big_smile:

9. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Baby Ethan.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and PRayers sent for the whole family.

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My prayers are offered for baby Ethan, Ben, Jayden, and the families involved.

Prayer works!

12. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Prayers are sent from NC