Baby Clicker Monitor - A Strike indicator for catfishing

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by dinkbuster1, Dec 19, 2005.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thought some of you might like to see what i come up with last year for that "far away" pole when bankfishing . all it is is a modified baby monitor. you can pick up a used baby monitor system at just about any thrift store for under two bucks. most often the monitor end has to be powered by a wall adapter but as you can see i made a 9 volt battery wire that plugs in where the cord goes. i also glued a velcro holder on the back. mine is a 9 volt system that will run about 12 to 14 hrs on two rechargeables. much more reliable and cheaper than those pager systems. i have a total of $1.85 in this.(excluding batteries)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To use it, all you do is set the monitor end next to the reel or reels you want to keep track of (see pic) and keep the receiver near you or on you. i think mine has a 100+ yard range. ive walked pretty far away and still was in range. the only modification i done was to the monitor. i just took the plug end from the wall adapter, cut it off, and attached a 9 volt plug that i ripped out of an old clock radio. these things are very sensitive and are designed to wake parents out of a deep sleep so go easy on the volume, they'll make you jump the first time a clicker goes off. try to stay with a 9 volt system, they have longer battery life and and all you need is two batteries. i'd advise getting the rechargeables.

[​IMG]