Baby Back Ribs

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by tofish, Apr 20, 2008.

1. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    so, will post here and someone can move it.
    i have a recipe for baby back ribs that if followed right, can cut with fork, and no boiling.
    1. 1 cup hawaiin soy sauce. (can use others, but like this one but hard to find.)
    2. 2 cups water
    3. 1/2 cup sugar or to your taste
    4. additives can be chopped onions, bells peppers, (any kind) sage, ect. use your taste buds on this.
    5. mix enough in a pan so ribs are covered and can put in fridge for 4-6 hrs to marinate. cover with foil when doing this.
    6. time to BBQ ( i use gas grill) low heat, just meat on grill now, brown it good. maybe 1/2 hr total. turn often and drip marinate sauce over often to keep meat from drying out.
    7. put back in pan and make sure meat still is covered by marinate. if not, add water if need to. cover pan with foil, poke a few holes in foil and turn BBQ down low. simmer for 1 hr.
    8. remove and serve with rice or whatever your taste buds say to. if done right, can cut with fork.
    gary

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Sounds good got to try that

3. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
  4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks for the recipe Gary I`ll have to try it out.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds awesome, gotta try it.Whats the difference between hawaiin soy sauce and regular?

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    hawaiin is a little sweeter. doesn't have as much zang to it as the others. but any of them work. just taste as you as the sugar and mix it well so it desolves completely.
    gary

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    gotta try this one! Sounds really good. Thanks for the recipe Gary!!:big_smile:

8. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Gosh I love baby back ribs. yummm!

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Your making me hungry. Love those baby back ribs. Thanks.

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like some good stuff there baby back ribs are good lol, now im getting hungry lol, which I have to be at the fire department tonight so i might and get something to eat on my way.