babies babies everywhere!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by baitchunker, Nov 9, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i guess most of you who care to know, have figured out that my wife is pregnant. here are some more intersting facts about the background:

her older sister is also pregnant with her first.
    her sister in law is pregnant with her 3rd.
    3 of my friends just knocked up thier ol ladies.
    my best friend in the world's (we have served together among other things--now we live next to each other and act like crazy brothers...) wife FINALLY gave berth yesterday at 1:56 p.m. we were at the hospital with them from lunch time wed. through to last night. she broke her h2o and they induced her, what happened after that was like some excorcist stuff. they finally did an emergency c-section yesterday afternoon... poor nicole. anyway "hunter" was 8 # 20.5 inches and healthy as a horse. also 2 and a half weeks early. we are all relieved.

exactly one hour and 4 min. later, Amy and i had our first ultra sound. the babe is only 6 weeks and 2 days along, nut they said it had a strong heart beat. 112 the koolest number i have ever heard. i actually saw the lil flash and heard the wierd sound. doc says everything looks great and projected d-day is july the 2nd.

i will try to post a pic of the "sunflower seed sized heart beat" sometime next week.

just figured i would give yall an update. (oh yeah the doc said that there is a "chance" that it will be twins. but, we dont know untill next time in dec.

2. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Congratulations to the new parents, as well as all the soon-to-be parents.

Keep us updated!!!

T.
    _

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Congrats JD. It is a wonderful thing, kids that is. I wouldn't know what to do without mine, it seems everything I do these days somehow becomes about them. I wouldn't have it any other way though.

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Amy didn't know you carried a 12 gauge side by side, 'eh. Biretta probably. Can't kill em with the first round you got backup. Poor Amy.

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Darn J.D., something in the water or what? Bad TV reception? Y'all decide ta start your own "Corps"....LOL.

Luck Brother. I did my time.

:smile2:

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats what my father-in law asked me. (he retired out 30 year master guns)

he figured we were either trying to raise the 5th mar div. or the first alabama major league baseball team. lol.

amy turned white in the face when he told her that he had a dream about me and her with 3 stair step houligan boys 5 years from now... i hope he's right.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You'll find out it would have been cheaper to just pay the cable bill like the rest of us:smile2:. All BS aside congratulations to you and Amy on the possible twins.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Only boys ?? I have one of each but I would take another little girl any day. IMO having both has made me complete, I know we don't all have a choice but they each have a uniqueness to them.

Like boys for instance, ya wrestle, build, destroy, fish and...track mud into the house. A girl... well she is cute, that itself is a good start. She will dress up, do good in school, want to clean things, and the look she gives ya when she says, "I love you daddy" is the best. I often sit back and watch my wife and daughter doing things together, they are the same people, and the smile on my wife's face is awesome, that's her " mini me ".

I'm not sure why I even wrote this, I guess its your fault, somehow, LOL. I just felt like telling you about my experience of having a girl. -Jim-

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    dont get me wrong, i will take what i get gratefully. my only concern with having girls is that i am an abnormally soft sided guy when dealing with females. i just cant say no. i have allways been that way. i worry that if i have a girl that will be the start and finish of everything in my life. whereas boys (chuckle to myself) i can handle boys. muddy feet, frogs in the pockets, etc. cant wait either way.

10. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Congrats J.D. and Amy....Sounds like yall will have the perfect size grouping for a ball team. Its wonderful to have friends with children of the same age and raise them together growin up like brothers and sisters to each other. I have a friend that our first ones are 2 months apart and the second ones are 2 weeks apart. They are all thick as theives and take care of each other and fight like true brothers/sisters do. I am tho making a reminder to myself not to drink the water in Alabama. Man, don't need that stuff spreadin round here. With my son (1st child) I too was told it could be twins based on the strong heartbeat, I dont know if i was relieved or more worried when they said he wasn't. That child wound up being 9#, 21" long....you imagine that outta 5' 0" woman....heaven forbid he tried to stretch out....there was no possible way to sit down comfortably. Well, God Bless yall and what ever it turns out to be and I do hope he/she/they will be healthy.

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    JD, what does your wife want and how many ? My wife wanted a girl and got her way the 1st time, then we both wanted a boy and were blesses to have our way.

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    uhhh.....

i have no idea what she wants. a baby with fingers and toes i guess. i prolly oughta ask her huh? she has never really said how many, but i get the feeling its 2 total. but, i kinda like the sound of 3. who knows. i will be happy no matter what.

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    So JD tell us. Exactly how did you get yourself into this situation? LOL! My only advice is to find a buyer now before ya get attached.

14. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well BG i have to admit... i make excellent breeding stock. i am sure my youngens would fetch top dollar on the hoof, but the pick of the litter goes to the mrs. and after what she watched her best friend go through this week, i dont think she is gonna wanna part ways for any summ of $.

who knows, maybe i should charge her a stud fee?

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congrats J.D.
    Sounds like ya'll will be needing more fishing and camping gear.:big_smile:

16. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's alot of babies in a short period of time for the grandparents, especially if you have twins!
    Reminds me of when I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd. The first thing I said was that I was gonna kill my sister. Doc thought I was nuts till I told her that my sis can't do anything by herself. All 3 of our kids are the same age, within a few weeks.
    My parents then got blessed with the news that our younger sister was prego too. 3 more grandkids, 3 months apart. It was an expensive christmas for them that year!:smile2:

Good luck, no matter what ya have (boy, girl, 1, 2) !