Ba$$ Pro Catmax spinning reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Wabash River Bear, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone have any experience with Ba$$ Pro's Catmax series 80 spinners? The catalog says they are a 4 bearing reel with instant anti-reverse, 4.5:1 gear ratio and will hold up to 290 yds. of 25# test. I'm not a baitcaster, and am at home with a spinner. I was thinkin of picking up one of their combos with the 80 series reel and an 8' rod in hopes of gettin another setup if I liked it. Thought I would ask you all for some thoughts before I shell out $80.00 for to find out its junk. Thanks.

2. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Their a great reel both of my sons have used them for two years now with absolutley no issues (and their hard on reels). For the money I think their hard to beat. I would have no reservations about using them if I didn't prefer Baitcasters. Also BPS carries one heck of a warranty on all their Catmaxx stuff.

J

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I actually own the exact same set up you mention, and i am very impressed.
    for how big the reel is and only 4 bearings it reels like a 12 bearing shimano..VERY SMOOTH, but I am a huge PENN fan and would recommend the the PENN 850SS, not as smooth but holds more line and is what I think built tougher. It is a little more money but worth taking a look at. Add QUANTUM HOT SAUCE to any reel and it does magic for smoothness.

GOOD LUCK

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    The one I had worked rather good for me.It had just the right feel that I was looking for.