Ba$$ fishing in Florida

Discussion in 'FLORIDA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by don3778, May 23, 2009.

1. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    I'm going to be in the Destin area the last two weeks in June and I was wanting some info on inland fishing for bass around Destin and Defuniak Springs. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

don3778

2. Froggieman53

Froggieman53 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Don,

There are 3 lakes very close to each other on Hwy 83/331 North of Defuniak. Kings Lake has produced some very large bass, and there is Holly Lake which "almost" joins Kings Lake to the south, and there is Juniper Lake about 2 or 3 miles away. Kings and Holly are on the West side of the highway about 5 miles north of the City.

Kings would definitely be my first choice!

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    welcome to the boc Ricky

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rickey thanks for sharing area lake info with a BOC brother. Appreciated.. Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a18::0a25::0a25::0a25:

5. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey, i lived around pt. charlatte florida fo 4 yrs. if its anything like there, theres canals everywhere. i'd bet you can catch quality bass from any of them! my wifes cousin just caught almost a 7 lber. right behind his house in his canal! hope this helps, shane