B&T's East Richmond to Bottom's Bridge ?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by SlightlySeine, Jun 22, 2009.

1. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    I'm new to the area, and only know of one in the Seven Pines area, Pope's.

I know 20 years ago there were some small little places to get fresh bait, but unaware of those now.

If anyone knows of a place, please post so I can help the economy :wink:

Pope's only sells frozen, although better than none..... ?

Thanks!

2. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    TTT....

Sanston/Highland Springs/Rt 5/Rt 60/anything close???

Maybe some new ideas? Just trying to compile a little info, to keep my options open...

Thanks for anyhelp :cool2:

3. madcatter

madcatter New Member

State:
    West Virgina
    Try Fin & Skin , they're on Rt. # 5 just West of 295. Surf Side is on 360 (business), first exit west of 295. You can google both for more details. Both usually have fresh shad and live ells.

4. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    Great, I go 295 to Rt 5, to go to Wilcox pier. Heard there is one farther down 5 from there, but didn't get the details, as he didn't know the name...

Knew of Surf Side, but that's the wrong direction, at least so far :eek:oooh:

Thanks for the info, I shall check it out.....

5. cameron_krazie

cameron_krazie New Member

State:
    virginia
    The one down route 5 is Ebelerys Store.. its owned by Neil Reinhof a local guide. Jpritch knows more info as he stays there often...

6. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    All great info, Thanks for stopping by.......

Just like fishing, be patient, throw out some fresh bait once in a while, and "Bang"..... Pay Dirt! :wink:
    Thanks!___________________________________________________________________

:0a31:

7. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    Wow... First time I ever got nothing on a Google search :p

I'll just keep an eye out in the neigborhood :big_smile:

Attached Files:

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Eberly was spelled wrong. If you search Neil Renouf you can find eberly's also. Have fun.

9. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    You guys rock :big_smile:

I wouldn't have spelled that right, either, lol...... Didn't think they would have a web site, but maybe a # or addy :p Found a site....

Thanks!

10. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    Even when you buy it, catching/finding bait, can be the biggest challenge of the trip!

Thanks for the Rt 5 hook ups, now I'm trying to find "Fresh" bait, between Sandston/Highland Springs/and more specifically-Seven Pines/East, on or near Rt 60. The 20+ miles round trip for bait is getting old when heading this direction (towards the Chick and Va Beach). And even getting it in Mechanicsville is iffy at best for the week days...

Throwing out in this spot, one more time, hoping for a nibble...:big_smile:

THanKs... :cool2:

11. faw67

faw67 New Member

State:
    VA
    Adams store (gas station) in Providence forge has a good selection, probably some frozen shad and herring too, right on route 60 east.
    Fin & Skin on rt 5 at strath road, popes in sandston , and Neil's place eberly's are the only ones on the top of my head
    FAW

12. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    The Exxon (I think), yea sort of forgot that one :) Did notice the last time there (a lot of years ago) they were starting to stock up a bit better in the bait department. Thanks for the heads up, handy when hitting the Chick, or when someone invites an old man to fish the Pamunkey, lol :wink:

Been a while, what's that, "William's" landing about 8-10 miles out?

13. faw67

faw67 New Member

State:
    VA
    Yeah thats Williams landin in new kent over at tunstall which is 5 miles up from White house bridge by river, also there is a bait shop on 249 at 155 on the way to westpoint too, dont remember the name of it

14. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Neil Renouf is the only guy I know that can get freshly caught shad. But it's not a guarantee if he's out of town or doing a guided trip. PM me if you want his cell.

Might try investing in a cast net anyway. I don't bother with frozen shad. Eels, which can be bought in many bait shops, are excellent bait this time of year. Also, might try finding a pond or something local to you and catching panfish to bring as bait.