B.O.C on myspace?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ravenloft420, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    I was just wondering if there was one. might get alot of new members,there are tons of people on there.

2. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    i dont think they have one.would be kinda cool

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It probally is cool if you have highspeed access.
    If you have dialup which alot of catfishermen do because we aint city folk I doubt you'll ever go to myspace more then once.

Like you tube and many websites today they have forgotten the dialup crowd.
    The BOC hasn't.
    Many of our members past, current , and future are and will be dialup users.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Well excuse me for livein in a city! Wonder how your country ass would manage up here.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    A Myspace thing would be nice. I dont ever surf it but it is the wildest craze in school. Would be great advertisement for it.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Not too well big G. I lived in the city limits of a hick town for 4 months in my life and even that was too much. I bought out my lease and hauled buggy back to the country where I belonged.

I cant manage up north. I worked with a guy from Long Island once and the extent of our communication was HUH? He didnt understand a word I said and I didnt understand a word he said.
    but if it makes the Big G feel better I have a cousin that has lived in Jersey for probally 40 years and was in like you public transportation.
    I have another cousin chasing her dreams on Broadway.

More power to em. I rather enjoy the smell of hog dung in the morning.
    Its a constant reminder of how fortunate I am.:lol:

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I think part of what Mark is trying to say is that many people who live out in the country or rural areas do not have access to high speed internet. I live in small town of about 1000 and it was not available to us until two years ago and it probably will not be available to folks out in the country for several more years.

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes but my father lives in the sticks and he uses a satellite for his high speed connection. It's definitely an option!

9. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    I was just askin a question lol

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama

Would a chicken house count?:wink:

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I know what you mean Mark J, When the farmers start spraying the fields it can be rather pungent but the smell of Cow Manure always reminds me of home... You city dwellers probably have no idea on earth what I'm talking about.. but it's true! We do however have comcast up here though!

13. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bull Butter,Im country as it get's as most all of my fishin bud's Have a myspace and high speed internet,Us country folk's is smart too yall:dribble: :dribble:

14. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Dial-up? Hmmm...they still have that? :big_smile:

My grandma still has a rotary phone, so I guess they can have dial-up. :lol:

15. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
  16. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm with you Mark, I feel very fortunate to live in the country and not have to deal with those city problems. Hog dung in the country is a superb alternative to smog in the "Concrete Jungle." Sure is nice being able to pull out of my driveway and not have to worry about getting into a traffic jam just going to the store. The older I get the more I realize how lucky I have been to be reared not necessarily "in the country," but "far away from the city!"

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Mark.... that cousin trying to make it on Broadway... that' not the one you marri... Aww never mind! :embarassed: :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :lol:

18. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

I grew up in dairy country and used to play on a farm & moved to the city in 89' when I was 13. It might sound odd, but I actually miss that aroma.

19. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This is off topic, but if anyone's interested in checking it out...

we've been online with Wild Blue broadband since Oct. of last year.
    It's been excellent service, I think - as long as you get a good installation, seems to be fairly trouble free. (Which means you gotta stand out there and watch the tech set it up - make sure it gets grounded, etc.)

Coming from years of dial-up with no other option available, the connection speed is awesome with broadband... and it's available anywhere - in fact, it's designed for rural areas.

Just a thought :smile2:

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It may be a bit too far advanced for Mark the country boy. But then again he knows everything.