B.O.C. members with disabilities

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TOPS, Nov 19, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Did you know your state may give you a break on purchasing your fishing licenses if you are disable! Arkansas will give you a 3-year license for the same price as the one year. some states may be free to the disable. check it out.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Be sure to check the regs on that from year to year. When I moved back to Arkansas, I was able to get a lifetime fishing license for $7.00; then the price jumped to $35.00; then a disabled person had to pay the same as a non-disabled person for a lifetime license, which they still do; but now a disabled person can get the 3 year license for $10.50. Give it a year or two, and it will probably change again.

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    In Mississippi if you are disabled there is no charge for fishing or hunting licenses but you have to prove you are disabled.I keep my S.S papers in my tackle box.Also if you are disabled you don't have to pay property tax.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    If any of you members know your State regs on fishing licenses for the disable, Please post here! price , how long you can get for etc,etc. :D :D

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For Ohio the disabled license are free but you have to meet they're criteria which I copied and pasted here.

Disability criteria for a free fishing license is as follows:
    1) physically disabled and require the assistance of another person to fish.
    2) a resident of a state or county institution
    3) a holder of "veteran" license plates displaying the international wheelchair symbol or
    4) a veteran who is permanently disabled

:0a26: ​

6. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Iowa fishing and hunting are free for lifetime just have to meet the requirements and show disability papers. But still have to buy deer tags and turkey tags.

7. shadow

shadow New Member

Kentucky---Disabled/over 65 years of age liscense are $5 ayear. That includes Hunting, Fishing and all deer, turkey,duck tags.

If you are disabled you need to have the green card from the state in order to get the diasbled liscense. If 65 or over ,all you need is your drivers liscense as proof of age.

I have held a disabled liscense for several years and the "war dept" says it doesnt count if it is a MENTAL disability !

8. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

FLORIDA
    in florida if you have been declared 100% disabled,and or are over 65 years
    of age they are free for fresh water fishing,dont know about salt water,im
    65 years old and will continue to purshase mine as long as i can,for the
    simple season,that they do such a great job with there programs.i think it
    is a good thing for all to be available free to all who deserve it.
    AND 1 MORE THING SHADOW IF YOU ARE TRULY MENTALY ILL,does that
    make you kin to KIM JUNG ILL from korea???? :p
    KIRK

9. shadow

shadow New Member

Yes Kirk--I am his DEMENTED cousin. :eek:

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Texas provides for over 65, but nothing for the disabled, except, I believe, military disabled. The other exception is those who are mentally ill or challanged (used to be called retarded) who are fishing under supervision.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I didn't know that about fishing license.

Some folks may not know that the Golden Access Passport is available to who have a permanent disability. The pass is free and is good for life. It provides free entrance to most federal recreation areas and provides a 50% discount on use fees, such as camping fees.

12. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    (K) Any resident of Missouri having a visual acuity not exceeding 20/200 in the better eye with maximum correction, or having twenty degrees (20°) or less field of visual concentric contraction, and any resident who is so severely and permanently disabled as to be unable to move freely without the aid of a wheelchair, may take fIsh, live bait, clams, mussels, turtles and frogs as provided in Chapter 6 without permit (except trout permit or daily tag in areas where prescribed); provided, while fishing s/he carries a certified statement of eligibility from a licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist or from a licensed physician.

(L) Any resident of Missouri with cerebral palsy or mental retardation as defined in section 630,005, RSMo, and who is so severely disabled that s/he cannot fish alone, may take fish, live bait, clams, mussels, turtles and frogs as provided in Chapter 6 without permit (except trout permit or daily tag in areas where prescribed); provided, while fishing s/he is accompanied by a licensed adult fisherman and possesses a certified statement of eligibility from a licensed physician qualified to evaluate and treat the developmentally disabled.

(M) Any honorably discharged resident veteran having a service-related disability of sixty percent (60%) or greater, or who was a prisoner of war during military service, may take fish, live bait, clams, mussels, turtles and frogs as provided in Chapter 6 without permit (except trout permit or daily tag in areas where prescribed), and may take wildlife as provided in Chapter 7 without permit (except deer and turkey hunting permits and the Migratory Bird Hunting Permit as prescribed); provided, while hunting or fishing s/he carries a certified statement of eligibility from the Veterans Administration.

65 and older does not need a permit.

13. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Iowas laws have been updated as follows.

A free annual license is available to Iowa residents whose income falls below the federal poverty guidelines as published by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and who are either 1) permanently disabled or 2) who are 65 years old or older.

An annual application requires proof of age, income, and permanent disability.

14. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    I was just thinking that this is a very good catfishing site. And then I looked around for a-while and remembered that Back in the old days.. it was Paul , Scifi-fi, Badkarma, Bigarmed Bret, Cornhusker, a few more and me. Now this site has gotten so big that I have lost track of all of my old friends. This is just a note to the people that were here at the start of this outstanding community I have not forgotten you , I just do not speak out very often. As for my statement above.... if you know that I left you out do not feel bad.... Ithink there was about 20 people online when I first logged on to catfish1.com All of the folks on the website treated me like I was somebody.. and guess what I found out that I was somebody. The Brother Hood of Catfishermen kept me fishing in my mind when I could not fish in reality. I would like to thank Paul and the old crew for pulling me through the hard times. and I would like to also thank the new members for keeping Pauls dream a realitiy.

Thank You'All For letting me listen in..

P.S. I really do miss my Brothers that have Passed on to their reward, and when when we meet there will be a joyfull reunion.