B.O.C. I need your help!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RamRod, Mar 5, 2009.

1. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As most of you know my best friend and like a father to me, Tony Spergin, passed away last year on father's day. For those that didn't know him you may check out his memorial by clicking on the word "Memory" in my signature.

I have been asked by Tony Spergin's son if I could get any pics of Tony I can to make a cd for him. I have several pics of him but want to make sure that I get every picture that anyone has of him. That way I can make up a slideshow for his son DJ and his widow Eva. I ask that you send any pictures you have in their raw untouched form to me. PM me for my e-mail address. I know he also was in some of our fish-offs that I'd like to get originals from the staff if at all possible.

I will probably bump this thread up through the next couple months so I can make sure I get every pic I possibly can. That way I can have this cd ready by father's day this year.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. This was Tony's home away from home.:big_smile:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You are doing a good thing brother. I will help you bump this thing up. God Bless

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    awsome video man! Thats what I want my family to do to me, tear jerker for sure and I never met the man:sad2:

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Nice Memorial! Thanks for sharing that memory of Tony with us.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Johnny thanks for sharing this video memorial. I never met Tony except on this forum. I know his family will always cherish this video and what you are doing for them. Reps.

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I, too, appreciate you keeping Tony's memory alive around here. I always enjoyed reading his post, and was heart-broken when I heard of his passing.

I hope you receive a great response from those that had pictures, and perhaps even video clips, of him.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Johnny, thats a nice Memorial!
    Thanks for sharing.

8. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The perfect send off for a fisherman, cant think of a better memorial

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I e-mailed you a few pics. A couple are when you guys came to Ashland and the others are from Henderson. Keep in touch!!!:cool2:
    This is a great thing you're doing, THANKS!!!:wink:

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a wonderful thing you are doing. I totally agree with it,and also I feel that the BOC is a home away from home. I don't remember Tony,but I know there are those that do. There couldn't be a nicer send off than that video. Reps:cool2:

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just bumping this one up!

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great Video .Thanks for sharing with us all.Never got to meet the man personally.Hope you get all your pictures.

13. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    That is a great video. Very nice memorial. Hope you get all the pictures you need.

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Johnny i remember when i first saw the video of Tony's memorial, i ain't ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye. seeing it again just now it did the same. he was one of the first people i talked to on this site and he always had a kind word or two for me, always helpful, and always looked forward to his knowledgeable posts. wish i could have met him in person as i was hoping to maybe at a gathering and thank him in person. didn't get the chance and i regret it. i didn't know him as well as alot of you did but he made a lasting impression on me and that just goes to show you what kind of a person he was. i miss him. hope you get alot of pictures.

15. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Come on brothers and sisters, I've only received about 4 pictures. Please look through your old photos and such for some more pics of Tony.

Staff, please check your submissions for fish-offs and such and send me some pictures please.

Thanks,
    Johnny

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
  17. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I,ve just joined BOC myself but from the things i,ve already saw on site it looks like i,ve found a good group of people to be assocated with .sounds to me like he was a very good person hope u get the info /pics u need

18. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Johnny all that I have to say about that is:

:worship: "God Bless People Like Yourself"!
    &
    "That is the way to do it Buddy"!

I'm sure that Tony was Happy with what you done & the way that you went about it.

Thanks for sharing it with all of us.
    :0a31:

:wink:

19. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Reps to ya Johnny, it's always nice to have friends like you. Bet he's up there now smiling with every click of the BOC.