Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered one off Amazon for 59 $. Great looking rod but I noticed the wraps around the eyes are pretty thin. Anyone else have one? Is this a known issue for them? Hope it holds up

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got 2 Silvercat Elites. The eyes are not thin and no issues. They are 2 of my favorite rods.
I’m just probably worried for nothing then. The rod and the action of it seem amazing. Not having fished it yet it feels wonderful in the hand. Just seemed to not have as many wraps around base of eyes where they attach to rod. Anymore wraps would probably be overkill probably,just looks different than my other rods. Was just a concern but glad no one has an issue with them. Like I said earlier, not having fished it,but right out of the box it was my favorite handling rod I have!

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Probably just being a little fussy. LOL. I don't recall ever having the wrapping around an eye fail on any rod that I have owned and I mostly have owned el cheapo's over my time. Most of my rod failures have been the result of getting stuck in doors of some sort. LOL.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
None of my b&m's are wrapped like that...... Send those boys a picture of the rap....

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
those are some hellacious guides on the red rod
I love those thick rings
killer
I dont really see an issue except I would prefer a different color for the under and over wrap but would get over it

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,392 Posts
Received a new magnum rod today. Offered to send the elite back but they said to keep it too. Very nice to deal with very satisfied with them.
Who was it that you were dealing with? Sounds like great customer service

1 - 17 of 17 Posts