B-Day Gift for 12 Yr Old? Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by iowacatter, Jun 7, 2006.

1. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Everyone, :roll_eyes: I am looking for a good gift idea for my sons 12th
    birthday, which is coming up. He likes football, baseball, and he fishes some, but not too serious about it. I appreciate any ideas you have. I am out of ideas:confused2: . Thanks Stan

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    How about a subscription to In-Fisherman or A.C.A.T.S.? Maybe he'll get into it more. My second choice would be a guitar but that's just me. ha,ha.

3. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Remote control stuff,Bow and arrows,video game,shotgun,phone for his room,music cd's,etc..

4. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    A thirteen year old girlfriend??? I'm pretty sure that was top of my list when I was twelve. LOL

5. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    A BB gun with a range for shooting in the basement so you can go down together and have some serious competition and quality time. Might even teach him the basic safety that should be associated with any gun, and a trigger lock for when your not there.
    Give him a weekend to do whatever he wants to do and you go along happy and willingly acting as if your having a good time doing what he wants to do. No, no... that sounds too much like being married, my bad. lol

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Some times you have to take a little time and look around for that one thing that calls out to you for him but an I pod might be the ticket or take him and some of his friends to a sports game with a few guide lines let him pick the game

7. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Great ideas, keep em coming. Not sure if HE wants a guitar, but Id like to learn how to play!:big_smile: He hunts with me some and got a new Rem 870 youth for Christmas. I don't really like him playing video games as much as he likes em. He has a GF:roll_eyes: . I was thinking about the Ipod too, but not sure. Keep em coming and Thank You for the ideas. Stan

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Gameboy advance, fishing rod/reel, football jersey, baseball glove, ipod.

Did I mention a fishing rod/reel?

9. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    You said he likes football, well this might be kinda a premature gift since the season isn't in, but if his favorite team is anywhere close by, you could take him to the home opener or something. I should be good help since my 12th bday was just 5 years ago, but it's hard giving gift suggestions haha. Whenever it's my bday, all my friends and family know they can get me something fishing wise and I'll be happy.

10. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Rick, Same here. A Cabelas or Bass Pro gift cert. always fits the bill for me. lol but hes harder to buy for! Stan

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    An autograph from his favoriate athlete. I know that is what I really liked when I was a kid. If you need help finding it give me a hollar. Know alot of collectable guys.

12. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    a new rod/reel combo was mentioned , and a real nice set up
    might be the ticket to get him even a little more pumped with fishing .
    all kids are different though .
    a really nice smooth casting outfit might be more appreciated maybe.
    how about a nice catfish set up and a BOC hat????:cool2:

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Ok, here ya go. This is one that he & the whole family will enjoy.
    Buy him a GPS receiver & get him into geocaching. Check out www.geocaching.com to learn more about a great family fun game!

14. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Money. They all want money. Unless he has specifically told you what he wants, then he wants money so he can get exactly what he wants. It's not the thought that counts any more. It getting what you want. Money.

Money................

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

And put the money inside a nice new wallet. How about a shower radio or a dart board?

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would go with money but not too much.
    You said what he likes, get him some outside stuff like that.

Heck take him and Girl friend out to eat and by them a movie and popcorn. And dont sit with em. LOL.

17. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    You know what my Mom and Dad got me around that age?
    Remote Controlled Boats, Airplanes, things like that. I was given a Rocket Kit which i loved. He can put together a Rocket or two and set them off.(The Rocket and Engines can be bought at a Wally World near you) And no they are not $$$.

18. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    how about camping gear, his very own tent?:009:

19. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'm not sure if Iowa has them or not but one of the best gifts I got for my boys were their lifetime hunting and fishing licenses.

20. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    We always bought my son video games. Whoevers birthday it was got their choice of restaurant they wanted to eat at. Now I give him $$ and fill his gas tank up. Still go out to eat. But I think the Ipod would be the best these days.