B/CS Brazos River

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Rosati, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Rosati

Rosati New Member

State:
    tx
    New member here looking to find wisker on the Big Brazos. I've been perusing the entire site for a few weeks now and have found more info here than anywhere else on the net. Great site!
    I have fished it with a coworker back in the early 90's. Caught us a mess of blues and a few yellows on limb lines. I recently bought a boat and tried to get in on the Little Brazos, but it's too low to get more than a 1/4 mile.
    Any local wisker hunters want to show me the ropes on the Brazos between Hwy 21 and Hwy 60?

I'd like to find where to catch bait and scout a few holes.
    Let me know

2. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    hi there. I dont do the Brazos river, but i have heard people talk about the area off of 485, like ur goin the back way to cameron. Also heard guys talk about Navasota river. Might wanna give those places a try. Good luck on your search. And welcome to the best catfishin site in the world!!!! :big_smile:

3. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    I to would like to know not only where but how to fish on the brazos. I live near the hwy 7 ramp. The water is real clear and shallow up there. I have always fished in murky water rivers. I have thought about goin down there to try it out but don't know much about the river.

4. Mudcat Hunter

Mudcat Hunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    I grew up fishing on the brazos, still do when i go visit my brother. We fish from a few miles up river from Marlin bridge, to down below black bridge. For rod and reel, find a gravel bar, fish the swiftest water you can find with worms and you should do fine. Those fish just sit there and let the food come to them. Some times its a mess load of small ones, sometimes its 2-3 big ones. If youre putting the time in it, get a fine net and catch some minnows, flip over rocks and get you some helgramites(how ever you spell it) and you're almost guaranteed to catch something.

5. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    Thanks for the info. I think I will try to get over there and try it out here real soon. Maybe even this next weekend. I will report back and let ya know how it goes.