AZGFD

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Jun 13, 2008.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Captain catfish told me about some big cat pulled from the colorado river lately by the Game and fish.. I checked out the website (fishing report), man.... Flatheads are about to get some attention....

Catch and release, PLEASE!!!
    Here is the link to the AZGFD fishing report...

http://www.azgfd.gov/artman/publish/cat_index_28.shtml
    ~A

2. Capt_Catfish

Capt_Catfish New Member

State:
    az
    89 lbs!!
    monster fish- and its still swimming around for me to cath :big_smile:
    state record 70 something lbs still?

3. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I saw this pic but didn't think it was the 89, I guess it was. I don't think the river is a part of the state record. I believe we talked about this when Andy caught his monster.

4. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Yes, I think I've read about the Colorado having its own records separate from state records. That is a huge flathead to electrofish out. Awesome.

5. Capt catfish

Capt catfish New Member

State:
    Illinois/Az
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww thatss a cute lil flatty you have there Capt Jr.Im dragging you fishing if I have to bribe your wife to let you go FYI........Or im dragging her with you. you pick....But anyhow I heard it was found at rosie,but further searching provided the correct info that has already been stated.I have never caught anyhting that large( big pike back home) and i want to get into fishing for the flats. I NEED a big fish to slap this other capt catfish fool with next time he passes out in his chair.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Bout 8 years back I followed the DFG as they were "looking" for the tagged fish...... I marked a couple of the holes on the river where they spent a lot of time with their electronics.... and I have fished there some.... but the river is a big place.... I'll have to get bigger baits LOL

bayrunner Ray