AZ fishing report

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Feb 2, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Come on AZ brothers.. Thaw yourselves out and hit the lakes...
    ~ I am going to try Pleasant (Because Bartlet is so low) next weekend in hopes of stocking the freezer with some whites and strippers... Are they still hitting?

Take care and good fishing!
    ~A

2. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    as far as ive heard its not like it was at times last year where every cast was a fish...but i have heard of some nice sized ones. they were being caught in like 75-80 feet of water on anchovies and smelt

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I have been averaging 10-15 whites/stripers on jerkbaits white in color on main lake points. Not in the coves but main lake. Sweep the jerkbait then let it sit for upwards of 10-30 sec. then again sweep it more like a minnow bait. I use the X-rap from rapala in the small size. They have been hitting really hard. Try the point acroos from 1702 sign, shit-house cove, and all the eastern side long rocky points, you cant fish it too slow. just be pateint and they will be there.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Thanks fellas, I appreciate the info...
    * I am really looking forward to wetting a line this weekend.

~ I will probably fish at night under lights... Should I go back to Castle creek? Or is there another spot worth trying under the lights.

Thanks!

5. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    The wife and I are going up Saturday armed with our anchovies and CastMasters. Day time though. Gonna try Castle Creek and near the dam.

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    zonaman- I would suggest going right to the bouy line that closes off the eagle closure in aqua fria. I have heard a lot of people doing good here during the day time soaking anchoves- just a suggestion.

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Pleasant Lake bouquet of fish...

One largemouth, one striper, one white, and two crappie. I got all of them in Castle creek.

I tried fishing the river and near the 1702 sign but could not find anything on fish finder nor the end of my line.. There were several folks that hugged that point and fished it for several hours and it did not look like they had any luck..

We drifed around lazily all over the mouth of castle creek and caught about 1 fish per hour..

The most relaxation I have had in months..
    :still_dreaming:

This weekend I am going to see what the flatthead are doing over at Roosie. I have had decent luck near windy hill this time of year before..

~ Anyone visit Roosie yet this year? Are the crappie hitting yet?

8. badgmc

badgmc New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have been thinking of going to rossie later in the week. Let us know if you do any good.

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    The honey-do list was supprisingly larger than usual this weekend, so I did not get to head up to Roosie... If it warms up again before the weekend, I will definently go this weekend.

10. badgmc

badgmc New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Went out on Sat and Sun. No luck on the flatties. I did get a few crappie though. The water was ~55. Where do the flatties usually hagout this time of year?

11. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    This time of year, I have found them deep. 40 feet or so..
    ~ Trick seems to be to keep moving.
    Most of the time during the cold I would rather get skunked then get out of the sleeping bag or leave my fire to move spots...

A~

12. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    5 Stripers, and a 3 lb Smallie....And best of All, :big_smile: I Got A Bite!!...The slow swim!.....Baitfeeder set perfect! & talked a little! :smile2: .......The gill took a beating!...TWO TIMES! :cool2: ........Soon, the gill will be in better shape, and will get a Bigger Hook!--Might add a trailer hook for the next attempt!...getting desperate!!! :big_smile:

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hey guys, kick butt out there and stock some freezers! I cant wait to get off this deployment and hit the waters in the late summer (if we get back in time). Are the crappie in abundance up there? Ive been looking for crappie in lower Az for a long time and I've all but given up.

14. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    roosevelt lake is one of the premiere crappie fisheries in the country.