AZ/CA Gathering date

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Flatheadhunter33, Mar 2, 2008.

Gathering Month?

1. June

2. July

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Let's figure this thing out. I dont know the first thing about planning a gathering...I will help out with what ever I can. Seems like the first thing we need to do is figure out a happy medium on the date. Some cant make a certain time of the month due to work and so forth...Lets start with a month then we'll discuss the dates? Im not trying to take control or anything. Just wanting to get things rolling. Im basing this poll off the months that have been discussed already. If anyone wants to do something different please provide input.

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Dameon,

I think that if the man that throwing the Gathering :)worship: "Dale" ) whats to do it in June - it should be in June. But if they pick a date that's in June, I hope that they pick one that is at the begining of June (the first or second weekend) so I can attend it.
    :0a32:
    Other wise, I may not be able to make it because of work. Anytime from the 1st to the 19th will work, other than that, I may have to miss out again
    (and I will not be to happy with that.) :angry:
    LoL

You fellows take it easy now,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im good for either month. I just need to know in advance so that I can make sure that I run it through at work and clear my schedule. Then I need to run my permission slip by the wife:smile2:.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yea i would like to know as well. i might put in for some leave so i can head up early and try and see what the areas are like and try and find some good spots.

5. Cat-dory

Cat-dory Guest

I like the sound of the first week in May ! June is to friggin hot already.
    Im going no matter what month it is this year.

6. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    I'll be in the Picacho area the 3rd week of this month. Knowing there will be Flatheads looking for spawning Bluegill if the water in the backwaters warm up. It's a great time of year to bowfish and watch those nasty minded Flatheads looking for lunch. Which it likely will. The Channels stage off the sandbars leading into deeper water. The moon will ripen the bite also. The weather is just as close to perfect as it can get. You gents enjoy that midsummer heat.

7. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I am all for June...but no matter what, I have to get out soon because I am bound to go crazy.

The bad thing is that my little boat (although covered and protected) is still buried in SNOW!!!!

Ryan

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pretty amazing huh, how one part of this state can be in snow and another part sunny and hot!

like Bert says, I'ts obviously going to be up to Dale to decide...I just wanted to get everyone out in the open so we can shoot down some issues and get on the same sheet of music.

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    May is a great moth for flats and not as hot but I wouldnt do a july even if Im not going I wish I was going i know some good spots. Az has some of the best fishing in my opinion for bass and catfish that I have seen anywhere.

10. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    im in if its the first part of june, wont be able to make it at all in july, get to play with my uncle. may works as well.

11. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I think that the weather should be of no concern, as long as its not to cold. I would rather be hot and see some HOGS at the weigh in than to be comfortable and not see any Cat's.

Good Joke...... scientist have discovered a new food that diminishes a woman's sex drive by 90%.....

Wedding cake

Micah

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a14::0a27:
    "Makes since to me".

13. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    What you need to think about is water temps. Flat heads start to move around when the water hits 60 but are most active at temps of 70 and above.
    In order to maximize the chances of more flatheads being caught June is the time.

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck at the gathering hope ya catch a bunch

15. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    spent weekend at martinez lake. no fish, but the water temp down there is just starting to hit 70 in back water, and about 67-68 in river. just to let you know cause that is way south.
    gary

16. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the river update.... any mosquitos out?

So what did you do?.... hang around the barracks all day/night?

No gill.... crappie....?

Bayrunner Ray

17. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    gills don't even want to play yet. yep, hung around the cabin all day long. watch 3/4 tank of gas evaporate. :wink:
    did see one channel that was caught off shore on cheese.
    gary

18. azraiderfan

azraiderfan New Member

State:
    azizona
    I am heading over to blythe this weekend for flats and I will give you a report when I return.

19. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Hey Brian, Were you been man I though you drop off the edge of the world. Good to have you back. Are you still out in buckeye? We are having a gathering in June at Mayflower park in Blythe. You can get all the Info in the gathering suction under AZ/CA gathering. Give it a look and see if you will able to makeit. Would be great to see you again. Are you heading down to the point south of the Oxbow? The water is still a little cold for the flats to be moving around much. good luck on your trip. Later Billy Jo

20. azraiderfan

azraiderfan New Member

State:
    azizona
    we cought five flats and ten stripers. The bite was on but the biggest flat
    was 12 lbs.