Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
4,070 Posts
Not sure if anyone started a list of folks going...

The gathering has been happening for many years......
www.catfish1.com/forums/f199/az-ca-5th-annual-colorado-river-gathering-131576-17.html#post1934296

Not sure... but we shall see who is coming...

1. Bayrunner Ray and Sharlene "Gilmafam"
2. Shania Bert
3. Catman Cali.. Sean
4. Tigger_tat_55 Tim... TW
5. Plainsman... Tim
6. Riverbudd55 Dale
7. Fred(Fresno)
8. Dave(Fremont, Bay Area)

add your names....

Thanks ... Bayrunner Ray

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Dag nab it!
I want to add my name but sudden unexpected expenses have put that trip in jeopardy.
The problem is that it's the week before my Disability (welfare, for those of you who wish to discredit me) check is due.
I'm still trying to make it though so don't count me out yet.

· Registered
4,070 Posts
Dag nab it!
I want to add my name but sudden unexpected expenses have put that trip in jeopardy.
The problem is that it's the week before my Disability (welfare, for those of you who wish to discredit me) check is due.
I'm still trying to make it though so don't count me out yet.
Would be nice to see ya out there Tom, hope ya make it.

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure... but we shall see who is coming...

1. Bayrunner Ray and Sharlene "Gilmafam"
2. Shania Bert
3. Catman Cali.. Sean
4. Tigger_tat_55 Tim... TW
5. Plainsman... Tim
6. Riverbudd55 Dale
7. Fred(Fresno)
8. Dave(Fremont, Bay Area)
9. Gary Tofish + friends

add your names....

Maybe Maybe list.....

azcataholic
Plumbertom1
catnip sp

· Registered
5,818 Posts
I'm just going to say it like this:
"I Just Can't Wait To Do This"!!!

:waiting:
Because everyone "always" has a good time there & as it was stated in a earlyer post - it's always good just to see "everyone" again.
:meeting: :highfive:

:sun::glasses-cool:

· Registered
11,521 Posts
I'm just going to say it like this:
"I Just Can't Wait To Do This"!!!

:waiting:
Because everyone "always" has a good time there & as it was stated in a earlyer post - it's always good just to see "everyone" again.
:meeting: :highfive:

:sun::glasses-cool:
Hope you get your pb outhtere. Call me when your in. I will come and have dinner with you.

· Registered
4,070 Posts
So....... my good Nor Cal buddies .... what is the flight plan.... when you leaving and when will you arrive in Camp....?

Who is in the room? anyone just camping out?

Leavin early Thurs morning(5:00am hopefully) and hope to arrive around noon/1:00pm. First stop is B&B bait for some goldies and then check in at hotel. From there maybe swing by Mayflower for a few and then head out and do what we came to do. If we do not make it to Mayflower Thurs, we will hit it up Fri after breakfast. Will be nice to see everyone again. Ray, we gonna go on a bait run in the backwaters at McIntyre again? Had a good time doing that last year with the guys. I can barely even sleep right now I'm so anxious to get my ass down there. I gotta get something over 5lbs or the trip will be a disappointment. I feel like one of us will get on something nice. I hope to get a new avatar on this one. When are you gonna show up Ray? I'll call ya and keep in touch on the way down, probably call when in Needles. See ya on the river.......in Blythe.

· Registered
5,818 Posts
Leavin early Thurs morning(5:00am hopefully) and hope to arrive around noon/1:00pm. First stop is B&B bait for some goldies and then check in at hotel. From there maybe swing by Mayflower for a few and then head out and do what we came to do. If we do not make it to Mayflower Thurs, we will hit it up Fri after breakfast. Will be nice to see everyone again. Ray, we gonna go on a bait run in the backwaters at McIntyre again? Had a good time doing that last year with the guys. I can barely even sleep right now I'm so anxious to get my ass down there. I gotta get something over 5lbs or the trip will be a disappointment. I feel like one of us will get on something nice. I hope to get a new avatar on this one. When are you gonna show up Ray? I'll call ya and keep in touch on the way down, probably call when in Needles. See ya on the river.......in Blythe.
There ya go Big Ray!!!
My man Big Sean layed it all down on my plans for ya - So we will see ya down at the Gathering Buddy.
:meeting: :sun: :glasses-cool: :highfive: :cool:

· Registered
544 Posts
Yall have fun out there,the catrat is tryin to get $ together but not sure if I can make it. Work is so bad these days as we all know. A miricle may happen,may get a small job or sumthin,to get me in the game. I know everyone will have a blast,go on out an get you some flatheads! Best of luck if I don't See ya out ther. Catrat

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scrape up some gas money....

The boys from Mendota need an ole "night owl" like you to share the river bank spots...

Yall have fun out there,the catrat is tryin to get $ together but not sure if I can make it. Work is so bad these days as we all know. A miricle may happen,may get a small job or sumthin,to get me in the game. I know everyone will have a blast,go on out an get you some flatheads! Best of luck if I don't See ya out ther. Catrat
It would be nice to see ya down there again... been a Year.. since you took a "look see" ride in my boat last year.....

· Registered
544 Posts
Well ray,I am doin my best and would love to be out there.I hope all the distance travelers esp. Get on some flatsmi know fun will be had by all and well, the fishin is just fishin. Conditions show to be favorable and a good time of year. Hunt down some good baits and some good spot and let the gills do their job.hope at least a few bigguns show,good luck guys. work is so bad,I have't worked in a month,drivin me crazy but doin my best.lost several bids on wood floorsneverybody wants to talk but when a price is given,nobody wants to pull the trigger.I've had to drop my prices almost in half to compete with cheap labor. Its killin the trades round here.oh well,what can I do,need peoiple who will pay for quality n detail work,not just "cheap as u can get"
I am ready to go,just finances but I can prob swing it. Stocked full of food and everything elsenjust need fuel,so lame cuzz I'm so close,can get there n back on a tank. Like to see all the fellas and shoot the sh. Catratmmama wants to go ,she loves flattin and kills it at the bait holesmshe got a 16.d lbr at the month a few weeks ago,one fishin mamami am a lucky man.now I gotta get hustlin,gonna make this happen

· Registered
4,070 Posts
Well ray,I am doin my best and would love to be out there.I hope all the distance travelers esp. Get on some flatsmi know fun will be had by all and well, the fishin is just fishin. Conditions show to be favorable and a good time of year. Hunt down some good baits and some good spot and let the gills do their job.hope at least a few bigguns show,good luck guys. work is so bad,I have't worked in a month,drivin me crazy but doin my best.lost several bids on wood floorsneverybody wants to talk but when a price is given,nobody wants to pull the trigger.I've had to drop my prices almost in half to compete with cheap labor. Its killin the trades round here.oh well,what can I do,need peoiple who will pay for quality n detail work,not just "cheap as u can get"
I am ready to go,just finances but I can prob swing it. Stocked full of food and everything elsenjust need fuel,so lame cuzz I'm so close,can get there n back on a tank. Like to see all the fellas and shoot the sh. Catratmmama wants to go ,she loves flattin and kills it at the bait holesmshe got a 16.d lbr at the month a few weeks ago,one fishin mamami am a lucky man.now I gotta get hustlin,gonna make this happen
You know we'd love to see ya make it bro. I can't wait to get the heck out of work, it's killin me right now. Bert is at the house chillin out tryin to hook up with Robb and I'm stuck here.:sad: Oh well, I get off early so we'll get out and maybe hit the town a little. Take my uncle to the cigar shop for a couple stoagies, get back and load up the truck. I am not clear on what you mean by "outfall". Is that by the oxbow place? How do you get there? Send me a PM or text message so no lurkers can see the post.

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well Catrat... You have been to the campground and know the layout.... The lady will be at home with everyone... you know that...

I'm bringing my rope to get some boys down to a "secluded spot"......I know its good... I'm just not able to ....."want to get to that spot"......

I will be nice to get even more folks there... I have other spots ....not that I am a locator of spots... but have maps and or directions to some places on the river with a short ride....Check em out in the daylight and return to get the spots and spend the night or hit up another spot or two....

So many options down at Blythe... the Campground at Mayflower is not a great launch... there is no dock to load/unload from.... it is shallow and has some current....

I do it by myself... but it can be tricky... good to have someone with you.....You can tie up to the bank/shore, it has rocks and sand areas... so a good weight is need to anchor the boat...

You can launch at Hidden beaches... they have a dock...but no overnight places on the river...

Not sure if anyone mentioned... but Mayflower is a handicapped area.... great facilities .. showers and etc.... they even have free wi=fy (sp) in the park....

· Registered
5,818 Posts
I just wanted to say "Thank You" to "Dale" for always putting together a nice Gathering Down at the River again. :victory:
&
to "Evenone Else there that helped put another Big Smile on the thing that I call a face"!!! :Happy: (lol)
&
You Know that I got to give a shout out to my man Big Sean for putting up with me at his house. :wink:

All & All - I had a good time (As Always)!!!!!! & I can't wait to do it all over again soon!!!!
:Happy::laugh1::meeting:
:sun:

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We are waiting to see your posting...

You know how to take the gathering pics... "A seasoned veteran" ......

Question for you Bert... have you ever flown to Bullhead City... Laughlin ... ? Thinking of doing something there......October? maybe

· Registered
544 Posts
just aquick thanx to allat thegatherin in blythe,was good to visit and see some familiar faces once again
fishin was less than admiraqble ,but spoke with someone who fish alamo and the report was similar
jsut a weather thing and sumthin we all call "fishin"

cat rat mama had fun and was happy to meet the folks from the site
fri nite fishd bank at outfall in pv and did ok,
3 small flats,a lot of runs,10+,all fish werre small ,5,3,3
got turtled a few times but as usual just love bein out there
there was alittle wind issue i remember,damn near blasted the skin off our faces
sat nite shoed less activity with a few runs but finicky bite,tried new spot this nite
myself and catratmama would like to thank the few who helped us out ,much appreciated
i apologize,i dropped the ball,tuff times are no excuse
thanx again u know who you are
hope the boys from up north had fun but as we all know,some times you just don"t get em
god know i have had plenty of empties,just keep goin
alll in time
was good social all in all,hope everyone made it home safe
my pc is down so i am on blackberry from here out for a while
best remedy for a bad day is to go fishin
cat rat

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.