AZ/CA 5th Annual Colorado River Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by riverbud55, Dec 13, 2009.

should the AZ/CA 5th Annual Colorado River Gathering be held 5/20 to 5/23

1. yes

2. another date

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Ok it's time to get the the 5th annual gathering thread started to be held in Blythe CA, this will be the page/thread http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131576 in the gathering section that we should do all the talking about the gathering. In the past its always been a little confusing with post going on in a AZ thread and a separate one going on in a CA thread. And should help bring all the AZ and CA brothers together a little more:wink:

Think a poll would be a good way to get it all started by seeing if and how the weekend 5/20 will work for ya all?:confused2: going to be one the AZ section and one in the CA section

Me looking at it see's it as a good one because the moon will be 5 or 6 days from being full which will give good light out until 2 or 3am, shouldn't be killer hot yet in the day and be comfortable at night and the fishing will be at its very best:wink:

Lets try to get the day set before the end of the year, there are folks that need to get there schedule's figured out by the 1st

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "You Know Me Dale" - "Hell I'm Ready Now"!:tounge_out: (lol)
    :0a23:
    But Really - That sounds like a perfect date Bud. :0a22::0a17::006::0a20::choler:
    :wink:

4. KATFISH J.

KATFISH J. New Member

State:
    CALIFORNIA
    I`ll have to miss this one again.... Two words , Clearlake Derby........
    Have fun fellas.....Can`t believe you guy`s don`t do a gathering at the #1 Catfishery in California, well maybe one of these days, we will do our best to put some partying in for you guys this year.......

Katfish Posse:wink:

5. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    :wink:don't forget about the brother we going to we talk about it this morning and we going to rent a van if everthing work out:tounge_out:

6. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    a that sound good brother we want forget about you ok a i'll in we need to see about that this summer but you no we got alot of trip coming up we got the sturgeon trip coming up in march and i think that one going to be off the hook :smile2:

7. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Good luck out there. Be sure to send my best to Randy. I love that Clear Lake. We definitely need to have a gathering at Clear Lake sometime. At the moment I have that flathead fever. A lot of our gatherings are at places with good bank fishing, since a lot of us don't have boats. If I had a boat I'd be right there with y'all at the derby. I'm not sure what the camping and bankfishing situation is like at Clear Lake, but it definitely needs to be on the radar. Good luck out there and hopefully we'll all come back with good pics and stories.:wink:

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yeah J I know you will be in da house for that one. Placing every year too. Lets shoot for first place this year.:big_smile: I will make it up there soon this season is in the dumps for me again. :embarassed: A get together definitely needs to be slated for that lake and the derby time is the right time.

9. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    hey u still up just doing my reading too bro

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a24:
    Hey Big Robert - Now that will work! (I'm always down for a "Road Trip":go:). :0a23:

:0a24:
    "You make a good point Steve" after talking to people like "T" - "Big Randy" & "Yourself".
    But what really put it over the top for me was when my boy "Big Sean" return, after hooking up with "Big Randy" for a Clear Lake Trip & he filmed it all & brought the footage to one of the Mendota Gathing.
    :crazy:
    So you see, that got to happen now. :0a23:

11. grud

grud New Member

State:
    california
    can't wait to fish this colorado river.

12. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    Cant wait to do this trip bro this is going to be nice meeting new people and seeing how it's done for the first time always wanted to do it now have a chance too try my hardest to catch one.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC Grud, From Fresno Cali:wink:

14. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    welcome to the BOC from Bakersfield CA

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25::0a23:
    To the B.O.C. Bro.

16. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    Welcome brother what part of cali u from am here in ceres,ca

17. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    welcome to the B.O.C. brother

18. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    Hey brother when u get ready me a my brother head up ur way and throw a line in but i think right now too cold and can't wait to learn more new stuff 2010 . Hope u had a good christmas.

19. grud

grud New Member

State:
    california
    Riverside,Ca it's about 180 miles from the colorado river down in blythe i think. do you know when the water will be up high enough to get a boat out on the river ? i have been reading that the water is real low right now. i am hoping to get to the river by mid march or early april.

thanks steve

20. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Grud... The "River" ..."per say" has enough water for boating.... Blythe is on the low side now.... but above Blythe, at Parker the water is up. You can always get onto the water at Lake Havasu. Even down at Yuma, the water is ok for boating.... Granted.. you have limited access... but you can get on the water.... don't have to wait for summer water to bring up things...

There is good fishing at Needles.. You launch out of landings at I-40 and go into the "Gorge".... It is really nice in there..... "no rapids" :smile2:..got some 20 miles to get to Lake Havasu ....lots of good striper fishing and some nice "cut outs" in the river that lead to some nice "back water"...

And... "speaking of backwater"... You need to check out "Catfish Paradise" on the "Topock Marsh".... good camping at many places....

Dont forget the "river stamp"

Have a great New Year