Axle round or square

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Redneck in a Skiboat, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    David, I don't know where you are located, but there is a trailer supply store in Anderson on 28 By-Pass. It is called Wiles Supplies?? He ordered a round 3" drop Axle for a travel trailer for me and it was reasonable. In fact it less than I thought it would be. If it is a common size he'll probally have it in stock. Mine was a odd ball. If you have a drop axle now and go with a straight, your boat is going to be higher. That will make it harder to get into and you'll have to back it further into the water to get it on and off the trailer. I have been in there in a couple of years, but the last time I was he had several 4" drops in there. I hope this helps. If you need a phone number or directions shoot me a message.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    There is also Carolina Trailer here in Rock Hill,they have some good prices and alot of em already in stock as well,they also install for very reasonable prices,I priced re doing my pontoon trailor for tandem axle and just replacing my single axle and hubs,havent had it done yet but I thought the price was very resonable for both.

3. 1bluesman

1bluesman Member

State:
    South Carolina,
    i think we have a good used one mac 803-776-3716

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    were is your axle bent? you may be able to just cut it and sleeve it with another piece of square tubing with the same inside size as the outside of your old axle and save a bunch of money plus have a stronger axle

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I buy right many trailer parts and I buy nothing from Tractor Supply.
    They are too high.
    I can buy axles at Agri Supply for a 1/3 to a 1/2 less depending on the axle.
    Several good trailer part suppliers online but you have to figure in shipping.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Round is stronger than square, IF you do replace it rather than repair it.

Bill in SC

7. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Agri supply-they have one in florence next to the airport convenient if you are going to the beach. It is an awesome store.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It's decent. It has changed alot from what it USED to be.
    In some ways better and other ways worse.
    You have alot more choices and alot more product lines offered but some of the merchandise has gotten really cheap.

I mean, how much can you expect from a wire brush that costs a buck?
    Lawn mower blades are cheap Chinese steel. They work but dont last as long as some others.

Trailer parts I've found to be pretty good in quality. Pretty much the same parts you buy anywhere else , they just happen to be priced pretty good. Good enough where you can be competitive building a trailer.