Axis & Allies board game

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Believer, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Are any of you A & A players?
    Man I love this board game. It takes forever to set up and play, but it sure is a blast! :cool2:
    Unfortunately, I haven't played the board game in a very long time. I have a video game of it & it's fun, but just not the same! :roll_eyes:

Eric

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Played it a coulple of times during Tsunami lockdown in Okinawa, it can really make the time fly.

Aaron

TA2D

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Played in many, many times in college and still have the game.

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    is it like risk or stratego ???

5. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I use to play a similar war game on-line. It was great but very time consuming.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I am not trying to steal your thread but I was wondering if anyone ever played are remembered a game called Black Tower?

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I haven't played the board game but I have the video game for pc. It was fun and lasted and the game lasts pretty long. It made the down time overseas fly by.

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    A&A is an awesome game. My father taught me and my brother how to play when i was about 12 years old so that he could have someone to play. Me and my brother were always the allies and my dad would be the Axis. I have a pretty good strategy for the Allies. I had the pc version and tried to teach some friends once but they didn't have the patience to catch on. Yeah it's like risk or stratego on steroids. It's based on WWII and is pretty detailed, but not too complicated. Anyways Great game....i wish you guys lived closer so we could hook up , catch catfish at night and play A&A during the day.....lol

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    A & A is like risk on steroids! It is a WW II game. The axis are Germany & Japan & the allies are the US, UK & Russia
    Rather than playing with roman numerals like Risk you actually have ships, infantry, tanks & planes. It is a great game!

10. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    this is my favorite board game.highly recomended.

11. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Love the game but gave it up years ago. It was too difficult to find other folks willing to take the time to learn it. Chess is my board game of choice now.

12. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Boy do I remember that game. Played it for several years.

13. suddawg

suddawg New Member

12 hour shifts, can't fall asleep on post......yeah, I've played a few times :big_smile:

SudDawg

14. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My roomate and I in Korea had a long running match. We worked different shifts so we could only play a few hours at a time or on weekends. The board was set up for about 3 months.

15. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Man I used to LOVE that game so much, but it is so difficult to find people willing to learn the intricacies of the game. Someday I'll get myself a group of enthusiasts together. Axis and Allies night at my house!

16. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You're right, that's why I haven't played for a long time myself. Noone want to take the time to learn or play.
    I've seen games end in about 2 hours, and others might take 8! :cool2:
    Try the video game, it's pretty cool and you can play against the computer or online. I've never played online before though.

Eric

17. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.