AWOL Kojack

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Mickey, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was wondering if anyone has heard for Kojack. He hasn't posted for a while.

2. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im still around, just been really busy lately. My wife and I are in the process of adopting a 5 month old little girl who we have had since just about the day she was born. I havent been fishing much, have the boat covered up. I guess I probly wont be back on the water till early spring, but i am missing it quite a bit. I am hoping to get some new electronics for the boat for christmas, a nice fishfinder is on the list. I do check in from time to time but havent posted much in a while. I am looking foreward to seeing all my friends again when we have another gathering...this time Ill have my own boat. Glad your thinking of me, but again, No worries, just been really busy.

3. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Good to see you back posting. Glad to hear all is well. I was in your town yesterday at SISA. If you would like to get breakfast or dinner someday that you are off just send me a PM.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Ya, that damn Kojak. You just never know where he hides. I think he is a sniper personally.

5. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Brian its good to see you on board also. It seems like that after the temp began to drop, all the Rend guys went into hibernation. Have you heard from Aaron or Paul?

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I had Thanksgiving with Aaron. He is busy with two jobs and a baby plus family issues. The man is busy as all get out. He is good though... he is bitter that he did little fishing this last year. Just wasn't in his cards.

7. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, bout like a bear..though not as crabby. Leave it to ol Mickey to wake us up and get us typing again. Still havent seen Paul around.

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yep, I'm still around. Like Brian said, I'm always busy with something. My mom is not doing well, so whatever time I do have I try to help take care of her. Definitely hoping to do more fishing next year.

9. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron its good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your mothers sickness. How is that baby doing? Looking forward to seeing you again this year at the Rend Gathering. Don't stay away from the forum so long.

10. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    It would be good to hear from all the other Rend Gathering fisherman. What are you up to? Are you catching fish? Christmas List. Spring fishing plans.[ Boat updates. Retirement. Check in.:amazed:/B]

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks Mickey. Little Abbie is doing great. Just turned 6 months and she's crawling all over the house and pulling herself up into a standing position. I was looking at treating myself to a nice 35hp Yamaha for the boat, but I ended up building a fence for the dogs instead. Maybe some of us can get together some morning for breakfast and catching up.

12. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    I think the breakfast idea is a great one. After the holidays lets get it planned. We can post for an agreeable date and place. Glad the little one is doing well. You should have bought that motor. I'm looking for a full rig to buy . I want 18' or larger.

13. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ill keep my eye out for a rig for you Mick. As for breakfast any Saturday sounds good to me. A place kinda centered would be nice. I know Aaron and Brian live in or close to Belleville, right? Might be a small trip for me but now that gas prices are back to reasonable i might be able to make a little drive.

14. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow, 6mo old already. How time flies. My wife and I have recently started adoption of a 4mo old that we have had for 2 months now. I love the little one that keeps me and her up all night....makes you wonder why you needed so much sleep before. I have found i can function on about 3 hours of disturbed sleep.

15. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Is there some more interest in a breakfast, after the holidays. Just getting together to shoot some bulls and maybe talk about the 2009 gathering.

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hey maybe we could do it sometime between the 23rd and jan 3rd? ill be home then:big_smile:. and as for my fishing update, not a single catfish in 4 months but some red snapper and spanish mackeral:wink:

17. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Shane that would be nice for you to hook up with us. This is a short notice and I don't know if there is sufficient time to make plans this close to the new year. We need more info from the other members. How about it. Shane when is the next time you will be back in this area?

18. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I will be able to take you out on Coffeen on the 27th and maybe the 26th if my vacation day is approved. Of course there is always the possibility of that we may need Rudolf to show us the way but he should be available.:wink::smile2:

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    mickey- the next time i will be around after this leave will be around the first two weeks of june.

dan- i will give you a call when i get home.

20. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Maybe we can plan a get together during the June leave. Keep in touch.