Awesome

Discussion in 'Wels Catfishing' started by Ol Man, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Saw an episode about the Wels on the Animal Planet channel tonight. Those are some monster catfish.

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yes sir! bet you dirty your trousers if ya had 3 or 4 of them on a trot line HAHAA:smile2:

3. Tat2demon

Tat2demon New Member

State:
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Yeah that River Monsters is a pretty good show. Theres a few episodes that deal with catfish. Wells, Goonch, Mekong and a few different ones in the Amazon.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I love that show river monsters. Man I'd love to catch most of those cats he's been showing.

5. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA

Ditto!

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    finally saw the wels episode and i think i need to get a few hundred of thsoe to stock around here lol :wink:

7. ronniethomas

ronniethomas Member

State:
    iowa
    no doubt i would love to be able to go to the rivers here and pull out a monster wels. it would beat spending a bunch of money on a fishing trip that your not gauranteed a catch.

8. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    hi guys

i guess i,m lucky i,ve fished for catfish for 12+ years and love em, there wern,t that many venues in England when i started fishing for them here. i,ve been lucky catching these monsters and did manage a then mighty catfish of 197 lb in spain which was a european record in 2002 apart from a fish of 202 lb caught in Karkistan( europe they say):confused2: . ive also had others of 167 lb ,161 lb and a few more over the magic 100lb mark.

if any of you guys wan,t any info i,ll do my best to help, i have got friends who work as guides in spain, and i am in touch with alot of wells catfisherman in england.

cheers guys

wells are the future

9. ronniethomas

ronniethomas Member

State:
    iowa
    If I ever get ahold of enough money and time off of work I would love to go on a fishing trip for a big wels.
    Oh and welcome to the BOC glen

10. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    i know what you mean rebel rouser about the money side of things, my girlfriend wants to go texas next year to visit friends , thats how i got into this site, it would be rude not try and catch some cats while i was there. just goto try n save, if you ever decide to go to spain i can give you good guides to go with my friend works for catmaster, they catch the biggest cats in spain and i believe they give you a freebee if you blank. ( NOT LIKELY) THERE ARE OVIOUS OTHER CATFISH GUIDES THERE BUT BE CAREFUL THERE ARE ALOT OF WANA BE CATFISHERMAN IN SPAIN WHO WERE CARP FISHERMAN HERE IN UK. and don,t realy have the correct gear or knowlegde to deal with these beasts. we use 150lb braid mainline and 200lb hooklinks in some areas of the river. thats enuf rampling i,m going into one, love it

11. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    I think if i was gonna head out and try i might need to upgrade my gear a bit:smile2:

12. steve27

steve27 New Member

State:
    England
    Hi i am a catfishing angler from England and just joined the web site we only fish for the wels catfish in England my best English catfish is 41lbs 2oz and my best spanish wels catfish is 169lbs. The catfishing in England has started to get very popular in the last few years with more lakes owners stocking cats. Our catfishing starts about March/April time and sometime around end October/November when the frost start.
    Thanks From England.

13. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    HI Steve

where about from England you from, are you ccg , welcome to boc

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Stephen... I doubt I've caught 169lbs of catfish over my lifetime... and I'm 36 yrs old... TWICE...:smile2:

15. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    steve how rude of me , i rekon your steve from litchfield, who fished at adams , sale etc , ccg member , doorrr. hope i,m right if so how are you are you getting about i know your problem knocked you about, you joined lymm vale up north did,nt you,. i rekon there will be some more brothers joining after i put the word out. some good stuff on here.and some nice people we all have one thing in common catfish' have you done much

16. steve27

steve27 New Member

State:
    England
    yes its steve from lichfield yes its a good website been a few times to Adams and only been on lymm vale's water once not had the time yet.

17. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    hi steve
    i poped into to Adams on way home from the canal today, to see old ray, a few decent fish have been coming out alot on livo,s, . what do you rekon to going to national catfish gathering next year, i,m sure a few of us could attend , my mrs is getting more suspicous , of me wanting to go to texas, i bet if i put it out to a few guys , wed get a good response , it would be a change from france and spain.

18. steve27

steve27 New Member

State:
    England
    hi glen there was only 3 on adams at weekend me-baz- and wag we all missed runs on lives they were strange runs like slow not like they should be. not a bad idea that would be somthing different hate to think how much it would cost but u never now if i could aford it i would go.

19. yamyam

yamyam New Member

State:
    birmingham u.k
    hiya lads .glad i know a couple on here ,felt a bit out my depth :smile2:.i agree its a good site lads ,and friendly guys on here too. looks like i am gunna be buisy on the key board ,our own site, [ C.C.G ], has gone very quiet as of late , as regards a trip to the USA for the cats ,i got family and friends in california ,i used to live out there in 1976 ,so know my way around a bit .and could probably sort out some digs ,which means you only need to find flight and spending money .but saying that ,california aint the best area to go catfishing , i believe central and eastern USA more productive for flats, blues, and channels .i might be wronge tho .i am sure our USA brothers will put me right on that one tho. atb all .regards mark

20. BAZ

BAZ New Member

State:
    UK
    yep gutted after reeling livie in and seeing in had been munched but no run? think the fish are getting wary of rigs . plus with it being fished alot think the fish are full up lol. wouldnt be surprised if the biggy came out well over 40lb. I reckon she will be about 45lb when she comes out. Only been catfishing/fishing again properly for last 6 months after a good 5 year break. 6 to 7 trips one cat. not good at min fingers crossed a will get a new pb soon.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009