Awesome Night

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by JKrupp, Jul 6, 2009.

1. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well today was the first official day of my vacation and my wife had to work 13 hours which means I was left with my 2 boys, one 5 and one 8 months all day long. I was ready to pull my hair out if I had any by the time I finally got them to sleep. So I went to the kitchen and fried up some hot dogs with garlic so when momma got home I could walk down to the local reservoir for a little relaxing. So I decided to hit a spot that normally doesn't produce alot of fish but its easy to get to, there is a drain cover for me to sit on, and there is a street light close enough that I can see to tie a new set-up on if I get a snag but not close enough to drive me nuts. So my one pole was already rigged up so I threw a dog on and cast out. While I was tying the second pole up my first rod slammed down so I reeled that fish in, a 2.7 lb channel, re-baited it and cast back out. I finished tying the other on and in mid-cast my other rod slammed again. So I set my second pole down and grab the first to reel it in. As soon as I start reeling it my other rod slams. It was an eventful night to say the least, I caught 18 fish none really of any size, biggest was only about 5 pounds, in just over an hour. I didn't really plan to catch more then one I was more after just some peace and quiet and relaxing but I'm not complaining about a night like this.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You hit the mother load of cats there Josh congrats on some real nice fishing

3. 32841

32841 Guest

Catman; Just goes to show you, do a good thing and you will be justly rewarded. Sounded like a dream trip to me. W T G :smile2:

4. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We all love those nights,

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    congrats on a great night.

6. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    you know you are fat when you are sure you woulda ate your cat bait:sad2:. great night bro i need me one of those.

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats

8. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on the good night.Sounds like you had fun. But Shame on you, Momma worked hard all day,while you are on vacation without her, and all you fixed her for supper was garlic hot dogs, shame, shame, shame. :big_smile::big_smile:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on your one hour of pure excitement. Catfish catching.