Awesome Night on the River [sarcasm]

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Apr 30, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    We barely got the boat launched when a barge 1/2mile long came screaming down the river 20mph. I've never seen one go that fast. With that came some ridiculous waves and it was all Nessie and I could do to keep the Lund from resting in the street above the cobblestones. An ominous start....

We did catch bait real quick like and the throttle seemed to work well, so things were beginning to look up. Unfortunately, there was a ton of trash in the water and we weren't able to fish anything we planned to -- perfect.

Then, 10 miles from the cobbles, the motor starting making a fairly unpleasant noise. I didn't lose power and it never got worse, but there was certainly something going on in there. I didn't push it and we worked our way back to the ramp -- fishing a couple of spots on the way with no takers.

We ended up fishing one too many spots as we didn't beat the rain and got absolutely soaked. Now I'm off to take the motor back into the shop. Devastated......and the clock is ticking.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Consistency in fishing is good I hear and you guys are consistent!!! GREAT JOB!!! :smile2:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    its the boat with team nutroll. I got the rearend scattered all over the garage from my boat pullin truck and got to put a cap and rotor in the other one. It wouldnt start this am so i pulled the cap and it was all coroded. cleaned it up and made it to town for parts for both of them. Hope it gets a lot better shortly. :wink::smile2:

4. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    You guys may have the best luck out of anyone.....

5. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was with Greg last night and I don't think it has much to do with luck. He works really hard to get the results he does and I just think he likes the extra challenge:wink:. By the way, this skunky smell won't leave me alone today. I best get back out there soon.

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I haven't heard the prognosis, yet, but I have a sneaky suspicion this one is going to hurt. I couldn't find the emoticon that has the yellow ball shooting itself in the head or it would be inserted here [].

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    It's sure good to know that we weren't the only ones who ended up with a wet a## last night. That sucked. We didn't get any warning either. Just sitting there minding our own business, and it was like someone turned a faucet on. Last time I saw rain like that while fising, Kutter was in the area......:smile2::smile2:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm pretty sure I know THAT feeling lmao. I can honestly say the absolute hardest rain my eyes have ever witnessed, the infamous cave dweller was in my boat. :smile2:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hope its not as painfull as your gut feeling is telln ya Greg. For now, well just chalk it up to a good ol fashioned case of NRS.

Thats Nut Roll Syndrome!