Awesome Night on the Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by bigfish08, Jul 14, 2007.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    fished a spot on the gmr i havent fished since last year, and i had a delightfull surprise. we didnt get to the river till around midnight, after twenty min. of fishing i got a steady run on a 14 in. sucker. set into a 13 pound flat. not even ten min. later got another around 8. probally half an hour later got another around 10. as soon as i got that one unhooked and back my other rod took off, another around 5. we had a little calm time for about 45 min. and got another steady run on a big sucker. set into him, and after a great fight, landed a 29 pound flat. after a few attemted photos on a cell phone, sam got a run and landed a nice channel that was dragging about ten ft. of broken of line. we untangled that mess, and sat down for about 5 min, and got another run, landed him, a nice 16 pound flat. a nice way to end the night even though we ran out of bait, so the flats are definatley starting to turn on the feed again

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice job larry, sounds like you guys had a productive night. maybe they will be biting for me next weekend for the tournament. post some pics. if u get time....rollo:eek:oooh:

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Heck of a night, can't beat that...W

4. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 Member

State:
    Ohio
    That sounded like an awesome night of fishing. Hopefully ill have the same luck when i fish in a tournament next weekend

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That was a great night of fishing it sounds like. I hope things keep picking up on the river.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What Tourny and where?

7. rookie

rookie New Member

State:
    Mt. Healthy, Ohio
    Sounds like you guys had a way better night than we did. Only caught 2 small channels and a 13 lb flattie. Good job!

8. storm

storm New Member

State:
    ohio
    where do you fish on the GMR without getting ripped off or vandalized in Middletown Franklin or Hamilton help wanted

9. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp New Member

State:
    OH
    I'm jealous. That beats my best night of fishing. I love the GMR though - never went home skunked and always manage a half dozen fish minimum.

10. xl506

xl506 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congratulations, sound like you had a blast, eh?

11. kittykat

kittykat New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats! sounds like a great night

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You guys had a great night for sure, congrats.

13. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    where at do u guys fish in the GMR i fish in the hamilton area

14. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    You'll never forget a fishing trip where you run out of bait. Congrats on your night:big_smile: Hope they're biting like that this fri. when we head down to the river.

15. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey you guys keep sending that rain water your getting up river down here.I drove over the New Baltimore bridge this morning looks like the river has risen almost a foot in the last 2 days down here in my area.It sure needed it and then some.