Awesome New line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by JAYNC, Mar 21, 2007.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I just spooled all my reels with Daiwa Saltiga, its a new braid. I compared it to power pro and its thinner and more round. It casts better, everything about it is better. It looks kind of weird because its dyed in all kinds of different colors. I put 120# on all my reels, and I love it so far try it out, you wont be disappointed.

2. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    where abouts do you find this line...ive never heard of it but will give anything new a try.

3. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jay you have any luck today. Seen you in New bern with your boat

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    120# test. YIKES! No storys about the one that got away from you. LOL!

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    You will find it is also not as hard on the guides of your rod but, it will still cut groves in them. So if you use a braid check you guides often. The use of heavy braids causes more damage to rods and guides than a lighter weight mono. But if you ask me 120# is over kill by far I don't use ling that heavy for shark.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    all of my rods are high dollar and are designed to use braids. They are Tsunami rods and the guides are really stout ceramic. I was just shad fishing, only caught one because of all the water being cloudy, I hate when the river rises 4' in two days.

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.

This is the line, I got it at a local tackle shop.

http://www.anglerscenter.com/spectra_dendoh.htm

I like it so far, 120# might be overkill but I hate loosing fish, especially in a tournament. I had a fish break 40# big game last year so this year I'm not taking any chances.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jay there are actually two versions of this line.The boat version is used with their deep drop reels and is colored in short sections to facilitate precise drops.They also have the surf version which is a lighter yellow color with short other colored sections.I like my line to be higly visable particularly at night so the surf version might be more practical for catters.Thanks for the info.:smile2:

9. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I just got the boat line. The only time I ever pay attention to my rods is when I see them bouncing or when the clicker screams. It seems like great line though.

10. melvinrose

melvinrose New Member

State:
    San Angelo, Texas
    Thanks for the info. I am going to try it. I only use braided line.

11. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    wow I bet that stuff is pretty expensive

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Melvin Welcome to the BOC. That is a cute dog your holding. Glad to have you on board.:big_smile:

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Wow, 120 pound line. :eek:oooh:

Why do you use line that strong for catfish? I have heard of people using 60, 70, and 80 pound line and I have always wondered why.

Heck, my leaders are 1/3 the weight of your main line. :lol:

14. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    well I guess I am just tired of loosing fish in stumps, and lost a big fish in a high paying tournament with mono last year. If the 120# is the same diameter as 25# why not use it. Thats like telling me why do I have a Z-71 when an S-10 can pull my boat.

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've seen guys with a Penn 309 spooled with 50# test mono get completely spooled while fishing below Dardanelle Dam, here in Arkansas. Lots of guys fishing there use 100# test line, and don't consider it especially heavy.

16. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Yep had that happen to me last month in a tournament with 30# big game! So I switched to 65# Power Pro main line, with 50# Power Pro leaders.

17. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Used this line in a tournament now and it is proven to me. I will never go back to another braid or another mono. It is very tough and thin and casts forever, I have never bent so many 10/0 gama hooks and never pulled up so many branches and trees. I was trying to get a snag out the other night and the anchor came loose, very superior line. I highly recommend it.

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    guys i was a mono man forever till i joined the boc.useing things iv read about on here i found new ways to fish my old waters.i got my 30 lb.mono broke so i changed to 40.same story.went to 50 broke 2 times in 1 day.to go any bigger i had to go to braid.65 lb. powerpro.ive broke my p b 3 times this month.to make this a little shorter ,if fishing from bank,be careful when you get hung up.i had to pull so hard that when the line broke i took a header into the rocks at the dam.lost a lot of hide and put a large knot on my head.happened 6 days ago.head still hurts.

19. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I agree. I fish mainly for channels and most often use 50# braid. Never hurts to be prepared for whatever might come up. I am trying a new mono this year called Vicious. So far it is working pretty good. Landed a 25# grass carp on 15# line Saturday. It's all about the drag....but I was in a farm pond and not worried about snags. When you have to pull them from the snags, you need a strong enough line so you can tighten down your drag and pull them out.

20. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I was in a tournament this past weekend and this line saved me a 23lb fish, the fish got hung down under a tree or something and I know that if I had mono on there I would have lost it. It took tremendous force to break the fish loose. The line just paid for itself 8 times over what I made last weekend.