Awesome Fishing Light UV + Flourescent

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SC Hartwell, Jul 20, 2006.

1. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Check out this fishing light @ bass pro http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=207&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults
    I have one of these lights! If you buy clear blue flourescent fishing line and use it with the black light. It illuminates the line making it easier for you to detect strikes, especially the light biting cats. It also has a flourescent light that you can turn on that will basically light up the whole area you are fishing. The UV light will not spoke catfish like propane lanterns. I have that problem a lot on Keowee!

2. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Cool idea, what type of line are you using that reacts to the black light or is it all clear line that does it?

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I spooled (clear/blue flourescent stren) of any size diameter. It basically doesn't matter what brand as long as it is that color and monofilament.

4. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Only that color will react to the UV light. But it is well worth. Stren original is a good one to go with.

5. Having some reactive fishing line will attract some visitors too, I would plan to do this in a secluded area because you know how curious people are.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    You can buy the same black light alot cheaper at party stores and pet shops. Wally world carrys em also, just an idea. Trying to save yall some money.

7. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    This is true but I like how the bass pro light has the UV and flourescent light. It has a car plug that will adapt straight to your 12 vt accessory plug in your boat. I went to walmart and bought a 12 vt adapter for my battery and run the light straight of my battery so i can bank fish with it if I want. So it's you guys choice I was just trying to get it out there to you!

8. Sandy Meador

Sandy Meador New Member

State:
    VA
    I've got one and it really does light up the stren line w/the blacklight! The other night I was catching channel cats up on a flat in 2' of water and had 2 of them (about 3 lbrs.) jump several times! The blacklight lit the line all the way to them AND lit up the cats too. That was a wild sight. The only drawback - the skeeters love the blacklight!!!

9. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Extremely true but all you have to do is get some 99% percent deet that will throw the skeeters off your trail. Yes this light helps a bunch with channel cats considering how light they bit sometimes.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for sharing this info for all and keeping up with the thread. Rep points to ya brother.

11. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
  12. Sandy Meador

Sandy Meador New Member

State:
    VA
    My fishing clothes go outside on hangers and are sprayed w/deet about 20 mins. before I leave the house! And then I spray my hat, arms, head, etc... I hate getting eat up by skeeters!!!

13. REELFUN

REELFUN New Member

State:
    SC
    The Berkeley Big Game Solar Green also works well under a blacklight.

14. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree...any of the soler collector lines will light up like a christmas tree. I use the Big Cat.

15. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    how many amps does that blacklight use? it should say in any literature you got in the package. i use a deerfeeder battery for my submersible light that only draws 1/2 amp per hour on my 8 amp/hour battery. any more than that and it woudlnt be practical for me.

16. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Use Blacklights All The Time, They Are Made By "U-Lite". I'll check On The Amperage Draw, I Don't Really Care Because I Have Two Diesel Truck Batteries In My Boat. I Haven't Killed One Yet:smile2: Elliot

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    What I do is i have an actuall 24 inch blacklight mounted on the back of my boat...I plug it into an outlet on the boat, I use the flourescent solar green line...It illuminates like crazy, and the black light kind of lights the boat up too....It is the only light i will ever use anymore

18. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've got one that looks identical to yours from Wal Mart, but it does not produce enough light to light up an entire boat. I have to set it directly below the rod holder for it to illuminate good. I am looking for a larger one, preferably one that casts light 360 degrees.

19. BassCat1

BassCat1 New Member

State:
    SC
    There is another light you can get at Bass Pro. It has a long cord (15' I think) and you just drop it in the water and let it suspend there. You'll be amazed how this thing brings in baitfish. I also create a chum slick. Together, it really brings in the shad. The unit with the longer light & cord go for about $20. I didn't think it would do much until I went out with my bass fishing partner. I may just have to get one! Let us know if anyone else out there has any luck with it if you get one.

20. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have two black lights, one was about $40 and the other about $15 both came from Wal-Mart. I use Solar, Neon and Clear/Blue line all work very well with the black light.