Awesome Day of "fishing" in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'LOCAL WISCONSIN TALK' started by MilwaukeeCatHunter, Mar 26, 2006.

1. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Went to the local mill pond down the road for the second day in a row. Weather in SE Wisconsin was awesome today. This body of water is classified as an "urban fishing water", so only kids and disabled can fish at this body of water right now. You should have seen all the parents and kids fishing...it was a sight to see. My son did not even get a bite, but it was a great day nonetheless. He was "talkin' fishin'" with everyone around us. He even loaned some of his tackle to some kids next to us who forgot some of their gear...AWESOME!! I was pretty impressed as he is only five. By the way, we also stopped at the river channel that runs between Okauchee Lake and Oconomowoc Lake. (Highway 16 and Highway P north) If you stand on the bridge above the boat launch, you can see tons of muskies sun bathing in the shallow water. That was a sight to see!! Are they spawning already? Nothin' better than catfish and muskies, IMHO.

2. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    You got that right man sun and seeing fish is good for me better than workin:cool: Kids and fishin go togeather that's the way I grew up at 11 I traded or gave tackle to younger kids showed them how to tie knots get out of snags all that fun stuff . We learn from others so passit on.

Doug

3. bobsmitter03

bobsmitter03 New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    i help my neighbor fish usually and now he loves it