Awakened at 4:00 A.M.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Buddrice, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thursday morning at 4:00 A.M. right outside of our living room window and on the front porch a noise woke me up.The dogs started going crazy and my thought was oh _____ someone is on my porch.It's amazing how quick you can wake up to alertness from a dead sleep.Of course I have a 9 MM and a 44 mag. within arms reach and I pray I never have to use one.I got out of bed and without thinking I went into the living room without either gun to see what was going on.(good thing I didn't need one) To my amazement when I turned on the porch light a coon grabs an empty dog food bag and takes off across the yard.What a relief that was and then it was funny.Just thought I'd share this because it amazed me how alert I was straight from a dead sleep...

2. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    sounds like your one step ahead of everyone! great to know that somebody is at least awake when things turn bad! lol yea did great! :lol:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good thing it wasn't a bear or bigfoot.j/k,glad you didn't have to use it either,glad all is ok!!!

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I have my gun in a corner in my room just for incase too. Bet you were relieved about not using yours.

-Red

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree its amazing, now it if was 6am & I had to be at work @ 7, I can hit that snooze button about a dozen times, but when I hear a noise, I'm up real quick.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Coons will tear up a place in no time. They are quick to get into things. Glad ya did not need to use the guns.