Average "big" catfish at Mississinewa ?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kyron4, Dec 1, 2006.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What's the averge size "big" channel cat you caught in the Mississinewa Res. ? What's the biggest that been caught there ? -Thanks

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    The DNR did a general fisheries survey at Mississinewa this summer. Attached is a length frequency histogram of the channel catfish captured. The total number captured was 304 and they ranged from 7 to 25.5 inches. I'll let you decide for yourself what the average size of "big" CCF. I was told however, that those 24-25 inchers were in real nice condition (fat & happy).

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry! The attachment didn't work the first time.

Attached Files:

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks once again to Matt, aka fishgeek, for the informative post! we are very lucky to have you as a member of the brotherhood.

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Tim, aka Riverscum. I'm very lucky to have a bunch of brothers like all you! Sorry I haven't been in touch...this coaching is kickin' my butt!!! I've been working 80 hour weeks for the last 4 weeks!

6. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks, I guess my Zebco 733 Hawg reel and 6'6" ugly stick will be plenty of rod and reel. Wasn't sure if I'd need the extra strengh of my Zebco Prostaff 888 with 25# line and 7' ugly stik . -Thanks