Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Aug 10, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I figure this will probley make a few mad and if so I am sorry
    But some of our newer members need to see the rule on the picture in your Avitar unless it has been changed it is supposed to be of the member

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That would be a call the moderators have to make I guess. Is mine alright ??

3. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Oooooooooo I'm soooooooooo mad. Shame on you Mr. Ward NOT! :smile2:

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m pretty mad too !!! [​IMG]

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well it kinda ticks me off cause i ain't got a big flathead. Guess i need to get on the water and out of the woods.:confused2:

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That`s what I`m waiting for to , but would rather have a nice buck given the choice.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Got my buck from last year scored a couple weeks ago. 164 and change. I'll trade it to ya for a big flathead:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    If only I could get a decent Flat !!!

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I'm sure the staff will be all over those avitars soon.

10. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    I've thought of posting a pic of a super model. How do the mods know it ain't me??:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nope aint mad but they been on me fer it befor(LOL)

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    if you read the rules it says you can poste a pic you like as long as its in good taste

13. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Good post Richard.

You are correct in saying that avatars are to be a picture of the member.

As the BOC FAQ/Rules state:
    The Avatar picture option was created to allow members to visually identify who they are talking to and create an atmosphere of friendship by sharing your personal image, "Your face". This option does create a more favorable environment for all and is strictly voluntary to participate in.

The Avatar picture option will only contain a relatively recent recognizable photo of yourself and will not be abused by placing advertisements, pictures of dogs, cats, cartoons, or other images or other forms of animated media.

So long as your avatar contains a picture of yourself its fine to have one like the one Zeboman uses where his children are also in the picture with him since its obvious who he is in the picture.

Hope this helps.

14. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    that is the great thing about this site. you can see who you are communicating with. a picture tells a lot about a person. i do understand it may take a new member a few days or weeks to get a good avatar picture, but the people that have been on here for more than 40-50 posts have no excuse. also you can change your avatar as often as you like to show more about you and your family.

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well i will just have to get me a pic done soon lol but still not mad :angry: lol:crazy::eek:oooh::confused2::embarassed::wink::smile2::big_smile:

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Barb!

I wish all would follow those rules. :big_smile:

I don't understand why people try to use their
    small avatar to post their prized catch when they could post a much LARGER copy as a profile picture?

17. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I figure family as being a part of us I meant the ones that arre not even human or of the member at all I kinda figured if I posted this then the ones who needed to would go look at the rule and fix their avitar cause there is a differance in it and the Profile pic ain't there

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well the b.o.c. can be rest assured im me. i have met two staff members personaly as well as many many members.

just returned home from the illinois gathering. had a great time. gained 5 lbs too.:smile2:

19. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Well, I have to admit the photo in my avatar is of the best looking male model I could afford. :wink:

Yeah, times have been tuff.....

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Maybe some folks arent photoshop or computer savey. I do enjoy there posts about fishing tho.