Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by eyeguy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I tried to add an avatar and the resolution was not good enough to use. I tried to change the resolution but that failed. Initially the photo was so small you couldn't see faces, so I enlarged the photo and thats when the resolution problem came up. I will try again with a different photo later.:eek:oooh:

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanks for working on an avatar. the nice thing about the BOC is most everyone has an avatar so you can see who you are talking to. keep working on it.

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Hey Mike, Try Irfanveiw I Got It Form Google It Works Really Good And I Use It. Also If You Want PM Me And I Will Send You My Email Address And I Will Try To Fix The Pic For You Hope This Helps:big_smile:

4. ROYDOG

ROYDOG New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    hey brother,

load a picture that you want onto your computer
    then upload it to the avatar......that way you can put any
    picture you want on there......hope that helps....

5. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I sure do appreciate all the feedback on the avatar, let me tell you what I did as this may help find the solution. I had a 35mm photo that I scanned and then downloaded it to my photos. I went to the user cp and clicked on the avatar portion and then clicked browse found the photo and selected it then hit the save changes icon. The photo came up alright but it was so small you couldn't tell who you were looking at. I went back into my photo program and enlarged the photo to the 200 pixel x 200 pixel maximum and tried again. It was larger but it lost resolution, you know it looked like the pixels were showing and distorted the picture. I am going to go through a few more shots to see if one is a closer view that will allow a clear picture on the avatar. If I continue to have the same problem it looks like a new digital camera is in my near future, I needed an excuse anyway.
    Thanks and tight lines to all.
    eyeguy

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Sounds like the resolution setting on your scanner may have been too low. If you try to enlarge from lower resolution the picture will look distorted. If you want to have good results start with a high resolution picture and reduce the size.
    You can also get helpful information on adding an Avatar by clicking here. Adding/Changing your Profile "Avatar" (Picture)

Hope this helps,
    David