Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, May 31, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Needed a new avatar. Just took it today, that is, May 31st. I know its a bass. It caught me by surprise on an inline spinner (tryin to snag some buffs)

As soon as I get a cat this year I'll fix up my avatar to display a proper fish. I'm taking self portraits down at the river - I usually fish alone and that contributes to my success. And this bass just came outta nowhere, and flopped into the water before I could measure it. You can be sure my cat won't do that....

wish me luck, haven't caught a cat since October, not too long after I joined the BOC..:crazy: now thats a scary thought

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Looks pretty good even if it is a "Green Fish".

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Bass are fish to.:big_smile_2:

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya.. bait fish LOL

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice new Avatar buddy, like to see em change every now and then.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Like your avatar Bro!!! No matter what it is,fish,bass,bait...whatever.It looks cool!

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice new avatar Jon! I am going to try and change mine more often. I tend to overlook the fact that I'm due to change it. My current one has only been on for a few weeks but at some point this summer it will change!:wink:

8. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice avatar. I would be careful posting pictures with a bass thuough. It should be ok unless you have a hat with a bass on it that says "Hot Rod". lol.:smile2:

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nothing wrong with displaying your bait Jon. Should be able to hook into a real nice flattie with that bass with about a 20/0 gamakatsu circle hook stuck through it's eyes. LOL! Good luck catching some cats. They've been biting real good around here for about the past 2 months. Have you been grounded or something?:roll_eyes:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jon nice new avatar. Don't let them mess with you. It takes a lot of skill to catch a smart bass. Thanks.:lol::smile2:

11. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not grounded, but distracted. Been going after gar & buffalo. Snagged my first buff ever just yesterday. Seen a black longnose gar. Haven't done much cattin' yet. And I had plans to catch a cat in March! We had that deep freeze back at the end of March and that slowed the bite big time. Since the bite has picked up again I have been going after those gar. But I'm gonna get a cat soon.

12. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It took skill to enjoy the fight! The bass caught me by complete surprise. I was in gar, buffalo & turtle territory, rarely see a bass down there, especially a big one.

13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Teehehe! "A proper fish"... I personally like your avatar! And bass take alot of skill to catch so Keep up the fun having...-LOL :lol: