Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jsharper, Sep 26, 2006.

1. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I received a pm letting me know that my avitar wasn't like it should be. I appreciated being let know; I just haven't found the rules. All I can figure is that the picture is supposed to be me instead of my 3 adopted boys and a fish they caught. Can someone let me know and I will correct it.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Your avatar should have you in it. So join the boys and take another pic. LOL!

3. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The BOC Community rules are located in the FAQ, just click the link in the yellow menu bar, between User CP and Donate.

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats good that you got a pm , the last avatar i had was removed with no notification , and i still see some that need be changed

5. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks guys, I think on the third rule that I was legal. I just didn't know where to go to find the rules.

Jim

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Jim,
    Does this help?

9. Avatar and Profile Pictures

The Avatar picture option was created to allow members to visually identify who they are talking to and create an atmosphere of friendship by sharing your personal image, "Your face". This option does create a more favorable environment for all and is strictly voluntary to participate in.

The Avatar picture option will only contain a relatively recent photo of yourself and will not be abused by placing advertisements, pictures of dogs, cats, cartoons, or other images or other forms of animated media.

The Profile picture can be used to display another photo that you like as long as the picture is in good taste and does not contain advertisements.

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I had to change mine from a picture I had of my little boy fishing. I never understood why & still dont. The last sentence of rule 9 The Profile picture can be used to display another photo that you like as long as the picture is in good taste and does not contain advertisements. Still makes me wonder why I couldnt have used the pic of my son the pic was in good taste & wasnt an advertisement.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    There is a difference between your Avitar and your Profile photo's. Your Avitar must be of you and be a close enough shot to make you recognizable. The Avitar is the pic that shows up next to your name on your posts. The Profile pic, shows up in your profile.

9. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks again to all of you. I think that I should be legal with the avitar turned off. Thanks again.

Jim