Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by deerhunter4, May 21, 2008.

1. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    When you get in the BOC Section go up top where it shows the little tabs

(Home) (store) (search) (Quick links) (User CP) (New Posts) (Chat Room) (Radio Stations) (Donate)

Once you see these tabs at the top click on User CP it will take you to your User Control Panel page...

Once this page opens up on the left hand side you will see where it says AVATAR...Click on it...

Make sure the Use Custom Avatar button is clicked and then go to where it says

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Click the Browse button this will open up your computer files...

go to the picture on your computer you want added and either double click on it or just click it once and then click the open button and it will take you back to the User CP page

Just click on the Save Changes button and your image will appear in the box up above...

once this image is able to be seen you are done and you can change it any time you want....

Please note:
    your image has to be smaller than 59.8kb or 150 x 150 pixels if you need this done because your image is to big send me the picture and I will do it for you...

You Profile picture works the same way except it it a larger picture in your Public Profile so you can share a picture with everyone...

2. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Thanks for helping members out, Paul.

One correction is that avatars can now be up to 200x200 pixels up from 150. Also, here is a link to the BOC Specific FAQ on how to add/change avatars: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/faq.php?faq=bocspecific#faq_avatar

Just a quick addition that the avatar picture cannot be just any picture, it should be a recognizable picture of you. Being able to see who you're talking to makes time here more personal and only improves our community. No one is required to post an avatar, so if you don't feel comfortable posting a picture of yourself on the internet, don't feel pressured to do so.

If anyone needs help resizing or posting an avatar, they can contact any of the staff for assistance. And if someone is worried about being not being the handsomest fisherman around...well, they haven't seen some of our members. :wink:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You mean me :smile2: wait a minute I know you mean Big George :smile2:

4. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eithne:
    First off let me say you and the members are very welcome...I have had a few people ask and I know it was getting worked on being put in the BOC area but had no idea where...However it is nice to see posted from time to time...I for one like to see who it is I am talking to and if a simple polite posting like this helps...I think it should be done...

If the avatar can now be 200 x 200 then it needs to be changed in the avatar upload section as it is stated 150 x 150 ...Below is the words in the Upload section...
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 59.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

I can only follow what it listed...Was not aware of the changes...

Maybe staff can get this corrected in the upload section...I hope every one is catching some fish and ready for a great summer...