Ausable River

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by Sparky Larson, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Flash! Flash! New Walleye Bait!
    I was coming home from a U.P. vacation this past week with my wife and we decided to come home by way of the east coast of Michigan. ( To check out all the Light houses we haven't seen). It was about 8:00pm when we got in to Ausable, so we thought we would do a little catfishing for a couple of hours by the side street bridge. The current, reminded me of the Grand. I had on three oz. of weight, and my lines were still heading down stream.
    Anyway, to make a long story short, about 10:00pm I was going to call it a night, cause I still had a 3 1/2 hrs. drive ahead of me. I couldn't believe it, as I was reeling in my first rod, I could tell there was something on the other end. Low and behold, I pulled in about a three lb. Walleye, much to my surprise. Two strange things here. That fish never rang the bell, and believe it or not he hit a piece of frozen sucker belly. I guess there is a first for everything.
    Sparky

2. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I bet you were VERY suprised to find him at the end of your line! Thats too fun!