August Meeting the 8th

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Jul 23, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The August meeting will center around club business for the remainder of 2007. This includes 1) a cookout sometime this summer/fall, and 2) our fall/winter club tournaments. We will also be open to any new ideas and proposals for things we need to accomplish this year.

Please plan on attending since your opinion is very important. Planning these events is tough with all the different activities and events already going on, so your input is critical. Even if you are not a member feel free to come by, sit in, and offer some ideas.

If you have any ideas you would like added to the agenda, please feel free to e-mail me or PM me.

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sorry I wont make this one. Ill be chasing White Marlins in MD that week...

3. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Dieter, I live about an hour from LKN and am trying to learn to fish it effectively. I'd like to attend the next meeting of CCC but don't know the time and place. Can you get the information to me? Thanks in advance for your help.

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Just a quick reminder of the Carolina Catfish Club meeting this Wednesday the 8th! We are going to plan our fall club tournaments, our cookout, and take care of some other business.

As usual the meeting is open to the public and it is held at the Gander Mountain store at 7:00pm.

Take I-77 north from Charlotte to Exit 36. At the top of the ramp turn right onto Hwy 150, and then turn right at the first light and follow the road through the shopping center to the Gander Mountain store.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    A quick update from the August meeting.

First, thanks to everyone that came out and offered up their thoughts and ideas.

We set the tournament dates for the CCC fall events. The tournaments will be on Mt. Island Lake (10/14), Lake Wylie (11/11), and Lake Norman 12/9). All events will be Cabela’s King Kat Classic qualifiers for the 2008 tournament. Details will be sent out in a few days once we finalize a few more things.

We also set the date for the CCC picnic. The date is October 28th at 1:00pm and you can drop in at any time. Captain Gus Gustafson has been nice enough to offer up his home on Lake Norman for the event, so you can arrive by car or by boat. Plan on bringing the whole family. We will get more details out in the upcoming weeks including directions by land and water to the Gus’. We will be counting on folks bringing a food item to contribute like drinks, chips, or a homemade dish, so drop me an e-mail if there is something you want to bring!

If you are not receiving my e-mail updates, please PM me with your e-mail address so I can add you to our mailing list.

Tight lines!!

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just wanted to know if mac made that motion or not for the yadkin chain? dont worry though because i been veto most of my life but the older i get the less it bothers me.....:smile2: sorry i didnt make the meeting so i can blame myself for that one but after working in this heat all week and getting my ac working again today leaving wasnt a option. owell maybe some of us yadkin folks can get something together for fun. good luck to all of you.

p.s. we wasnt skeered!:smile2:

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Michael, I'm all for that, we'll even let a few ccc guys join in if they want too.

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    We fish High Rock if you want to set up a wildcat tourney there some weekend. We ain't skeered either. Lets go Dry Rock.:smile2:

9. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    We asked for a show of hands of people that wanted to fish the Yadkin chain...no hands came up. :angry:

Squeeky wheel gets the oil!!

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    get us 5 new members i will make a motion for it.:roll_eyes: i will say thanks for the reply though. i been waiting on one today. i will tell you i am a man of my word when i say it though. not that you folks ant but it is kind of funny that nobody volunteer to say why they wasnt having a yadkin event. its no big deal though. on a side note if you look there was more replies to any post on this thread when badin was mention. you got to look outside the box sometimes if you want to grow. thats where omar is right when he says you got to do what the fisherman wants. we will get something going on the yadkin chain though. im working on it. only meeting will be at the boat ramps and if you want a picnic you can bring that to the meetings. yal got a good thing going for your area we just want something over here thats all. good fishing to all of you.

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    what happened to the one that was going to make the motion....broke arm?....:smile2::smile2: alright i will let it go.

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sorry that some feelings were hurt about not having a tournament on the Yadkin Chain. I am not fishing the CCC trail and thus would not have had a say in where the club fishes. Also, the tournament is small, six to seven boats competing against each other for prize money of less than $200 for first place and maybe $65 for second. The two pluses about the club tournament is that it gets some of the guys together to compete and offers a chance for those that want to qualify for the King Kat Classic.

I have suggested that those on the Yadkin chain of lakes attend our meetings as a guest or member as has our president and Micheal did attend when we had the wildlife folks there, and maybe others.

The Yadkin Chain folks are more than welcome to fish our tournaments on Mtn. Island, Wylie and LKN. You will have to join the club, dues are $20 and pay your fee for the tournament, which is $20 per tournament, per person.

I personally think the world of you guys on Badin, Tillery, Tuckertown and Falls and would not like for one moment for you to think that we slighted you'll. To me you'll are the best of the best, not only in catfishing, but your desire to protect and conserve our trophy fisheries.

The purpose of the club is to educate those coming into the sport, to socialize and pursue regulations to protect our trophy fisheries. The main reason we have the best trail available, NCCATS, is because the club did not want to be a big tournament club and club members Omar and Tracy step forward and filled this void.

Some might say that we are located too far away for some to attend the meetings. But, we have members traveling from Rock Hill, SC, Archdale, NC, Morganton, NC, Marion, NC, Kings Mtn., NC, Gastonia & Cramerton, NC, Grandfather Mtn. area and have members in Tenn., VA, SC and Kentucky that attend or keep abreast of what is going on by the internet (BOC). Bottom line is, every body is welcome to join the CCC, you just have to decide how you want to participate, in person or by the internet or phone. We welcome you. Mac

13. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Even if you can't fish all, maybe fish one for just the fun of it. I can tell you that your chances are as good as anybody. You know how fishing is.