August 25th Weekend Gathering!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by typer181, Aug 11, 2006.

1. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Hey Everyone,
    I think all of us would have a great time at a spot I know of just south of Scottsburg, which is off of I65 about 30 miles north of louisville. I live in Indy and have had no luck catching any large cats around the cities waters, so I am recommending an slightly different idea. We have caught several flatheads there this year, many in the mid 20lb range, a few over 30. Several 50lb+ blues have been caught in the past month. The place is called the Aquarium, please PM me for more information about this get together.
    Eric:wink:

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    OK, can't tell if this is a joke or an actual place, so forgive me but could you clear this up? Thanks! And if there are 30 pound flatties and 50 pound blues there, I'm game (although we catch both around home, but hey-new waters are fun!)

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im game..... So just keep in touch and let me know.... Tell you bro i said whats up?

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Let's try to find some Public Waters to fish. I'd rather fish something natural and catch 2 pound channels than a large pond that is overstock with large fish that is killing them all, JMO though.

The thing about *** **** is that it's just like 'shooting fish in a barrel' lol

5. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Sometimes I like reeling in hogs instead of getting skunked. Trust me, I love the Ohio and the challenges river fishing present. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I will be there for sure!:big_smile: I can't wait to go. I along with three or four other members will be there including Eric. What's up Shane? Glad to see you are going to be comin out.:wink: It will be alot of fun and we'll be eating, drinkin, and doin some good fishing all night long. By the way fellas, that fourty five pound blue in my avatar came from this place.:cool2:

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I am glad that some one is getting things together. Good to hear from you brothers. you been real quite this summer. iwill pm for directions.

8. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Hey all,
    My brother and I are leaving today(August24th) and will be there untill Saturday mid-day. Hope to see some of you there! We will be at Lake Clearview, you can find directions on the net.

9. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
  10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't live in Indiana but may like to attend if you all could put up with a tennessee fisherman. I'm not far from the Kentucky Tennessee state line so a gathering in south Indiana wouldn't be to far for me.

sorry, I just noticed, thats tomorrow, to quick for me.

11. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice fish Scott....going to slide out tomorrow with RiverScum and try to get into some of those ole boys. Keep the pic's coming. Always in joy the pic's.

12. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Hey everyone,
    We had a great time this past weekend, a little on the hot side, but the nights were cool. There was only my brother, myself, and my future wife. My bro pulled in a 31# and a 36# flattie (pics soon to follow), and a 8# blue. I managed to catch 21#, 16#, and 10# flatties, a 10# blue, and several channels. I'll get the pics on here by the evening tomorrow. I hope some of you can make it next time, we had a blast!

Attached Files:

13. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I caught some fish out of the ohio river put them in my bath tub and caught them about 2 weeks later, now that was fun. Just kidding guys we didnt do worth a hoot on the ohio river on saturday. Although we did however see Giant nets set out buy those Plucking commercial fisherman. If they would start a pond and raise all of those giant catfish instead of taking them out of the river for the Whoere lakes maybe some of you could actually go to the ohio river and catch them in the wild. It would be different if those fish where for food, but they are not. TOO nasty to eat. But those fish are the ones that breed bigger fish. I do however understand why you fish them. Have no problem with you guys fishing them. I do however think that the state needs to make them grow there own however and stop taking them from OUR public waters. I have a friend who three years ago built a pond with six inch blues. They are now in the 9# range. Thats on a limited budget, why cant these pay lakes do that. It is absolutely no better or any different than companies dumping pollutants and killing the fish off. Every one thinks that is horrable but taking all the big fish out is no big deal. Dont understand that line of thought. I myself could never fish one again, but that is my opinion, and you know opinions are like @!! *#%!- every one has one. Dont take this personal. Shane

14. BAITFISH

BAITFISH New Member

State:
    Bringhurst,IN.
    I caught a 32lb flathead on the wabash friday night

15. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Sorry I struck a bad cord with you skippie, I know your position on the issue and understand your point of view. I had to have dademoss help me format the these pics, so they may take a few minutes to be posted here. Way to go on your catch Jim, it feels good not to get skunked, especially with the heat and lack of rain.

16. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Like I said Erik it was nothing personal.

17. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Eric's pictures have been uploaded to his message, don't miss em:lol:

18. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me and Scott was by their again Sunday night. Sorry we didnt get a chance to come by when you were down there Eric. I caught the blue in my Avator photo that went 22 pounds and 2 oz's.

19. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Way to go Tim! I think that place is a well kept secret. Glad we found it.

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry i didnt make it.. but i difinatly want to go on the next trip.. and tim great blue man... first a flatty now a blue... your on a role brother..